Re: [CampbellsAustralia] Re: Hugh Campbell

  • Neil Campbell
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2005
      Madaline
      I wish we were, the hours I have spent looking for my Hughs family is alot and when I could make some connection with yours and not finding anyone who was connected, I had become complacent that your Hugh was ours and felt like I knew your family. Hope you find them soon. But this site has been informative for me and I hope I have helped others.
      Goodluck
      Frances Campbell

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2005
        Madaline
        My hugh has a marriage certificate and a death certificate, on both he has mother unknown. father Donald blacksmith.
        And it states he was born in Victoria. He died young and his family had nothing. His age varies with every certificate with a difference of over 8 years. He is stated as Cambell, 3/4 of his children were Cambell and with a couple registered as Campbell, we know from his marriage certificate that he was illeterate.  If I find anything for you hugh (william) I will let you know.
        Fran Campbell

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 14, 2005
          Madaline
          Now I have all the certificates from your family, would you me to post them to you. If so, send me your postal address. As they are no good to me now. Best you have them.
          I have-
          Donald Junior birth and death certificates.
          Hughs birth certificate
          Donald Senior death certificate
          Janes death certificate both these are of course altered copies, unable to obtain originals copies as these were changed and BDM no longer have originals (so they say)
          Sarah Campbell birth and death certificates
          Jane and Donalds wedding certificate
          More than happy to mail them to you.

          Fran Campbell

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
            Dear Fran:

            I would very much love to have all of the docements that you have on my family.  I am still very disappointed that we are not connected.  I know it must be a lot more disappointing to you after all of your hard work.  Keep digging and one day I am sure that you will find the connection.  Do you have any idea where your Hugh's parents came from?  What does it say on his death certificate?

            Well summer is surpose to be coming in a week or so but you wouldn't know that with the weather we are having.  Well I shouldn't complain as I really do not like the heat.

            I haven't been on-line for the last week or so as my husband had to go to the hospitla for an operation.  and is still there but might make it home by Sunday but not holding my breath.

            Thanks again for wanting to send me the docements.  Here is my home address:

            Madaline Campbell-Blaxland
            569 Whim Road
            R R # 2
            Montague, P.E.I.
            C0A 1R0 Canada

            When I have more time I am going to post all of the names connected with my Australian Campbell's, never know when a person might get a hit.

            Best regards,

            Madaline, P.E.I., Canada