Victorian Campbells

  • asha martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2005
      Hi Group,
      I have Campbells in the family in Victoria.
      Peter McKenzie was born around the 1830s in Peterhead, Scotland. He
      was a Coachman and he married Ann Campbell on 7th June 1852 in
      Peterhead. Ann was also born in the 1830. The brief said she was
      born in Bariff, but I think this should read Banff. Their daughter
      Margaret was born in Aberdeen in about 1853. There were also four
      other children – Mary, Peter, John and Alexander. Some time before
      1863 the family moved to Australia.

      OPR for Peterhead, Ref 232/3, Frame 1007

      June 7th 1852. Peter MacKenzie, Coachman, and Ann Campbell, both in
      this Parish.

      They also had Colin, William and Elizabeth born in Australia.
      Does anyone have any connections
      Regards June

    • Gillian
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2005
        Hi June,
        I wish they DID belong to us too - but our Campbells came out to
        Victoria on the HILJA in 1854 and settled at Inverleigh, except for
        Mary Ann Campbell who married my G Grandfather Thomas Johnston and
        went to live at Linton. They came from the Glencoe area.

        Gillian

        am> I have Campbells in the family in Victoria.
        am> Peter McKenzie was born around the 1830s in Peterhead, Scotland. He
        am> was a Coachman and he married Ann Campbell on 7th June 1852 in
        am> Peterhead. Ann was also born in the 1830. The brief said she was
        am> born in Bariff, but I think this should read Banff. Their daughter
        am> Margaret was born in Aberdeen in about 1853. There were also four
        am> other children – Mary, Peter, John and Alexander. Some time before
        am> 1863 the family moved to Australia.

        am> OPR for Peterhead, Ref 232/3, Frame 1007

        am> June 7th 1852. Peter MacKenzie, Coachman, and Ann Campbell, both in
        am> this Parish.

        am> They also had Colin, William and Elizabeth born in Australia.
        am> Does anyone have any connections
        am> Regards June

        am> ---------------------------------
        am> ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!

        TERAUSTRALIS AUSTRALIAN TERRIERS - www.ozemail.com.au/~gillda/
      • It's Maggie
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2005
          Hi there,

          Not sure if my Campbells are your ones.  Mine are Banffshire.

          I have a William Campbell married to Helen Prott.

          They had several children including a James and a John.  I come from the John line and I think you may come from the James one.

          This James married Ann Flett on 5 October 1757

          One of their sons was a James who married Ann Sharp on 4 July 1800 in Rathven.

          They in turn had a large family including an Alexander 'Camlie' Campbell born 11 July 1803 in Findochty and he married Ann Reid on 23 October 1824 in Rathven.

          They had an Ann Campbell in their offspring but there is no date of birth in my lists so I don't know if she is the one you are looking for or not.

          If any of this is familiar, let me know.

          Cheers,

          Maggie