Campbell/McKellar

  • Barbara Paramor
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2002
      I have been following the listings with interest and would like to add my
      Campbell line in the hope that someone out there connects.
      Congratulations to Don for initiating this list!

      Ronald CAMPBELL b. 1831, probably Renfrew, son of a schoolteacher Dugald
      CAMPBELL. Mother was Isabella McKELLAR.
      Ronald came to Australia in 1849, possibly with a brother Archibald, and a
      married sister Margaret HENDERSON.
      They all settled in Pleasant Creek (now Stawell), Victoria, and Ronald was
      the first mayor of Stawell in 1869/70. He married Betsy MAWSON in 1860 who
      died aged 27, and he later married Jeannie HILL in 1871. Ronald and Jeannie
      had four children:
      Jeannie Samuels 1875 married Robert WEIR
      Lily Hill 1878
      Dugald 1880 married Eliza Maud DAVIES
      Flora McKellar 1886 married William Llewellyn Payne DAVIES
      The family moved to Yarraville in 1885 where Ronald set up a bakery, known
      as Campbells Bakery. He died in 1905, and is buried in Footscray
      Cemetery.
      Ronald was my greatgrandfather, and it would be great to hear from anyone
      who knows anything about this family line.

      Best wishes to all
      Barbara (in Perth)