Campbells, Kilmonivaig, Inv. to NSW., Aust.

  • yvonne foster
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2004
      Thanks for accepting me as a member,
      & for a great site.

      I have been researching my Campbells from Brackletter, Kilmonivaig, Inv. for many years, but can't get beyond Archibald Campbell born abt 1759 & married Catherine McMillan 1798 in Kilmonivaig, ... they emigrated to Aust. on the 'Boyne' in 1838 arr. Sydney Jan 1839, (although Archibald died on the voyage), & were employed by the Campbells of Duntroon.
      Catherine, William, Peter & Christiana went to Wollombi where Catherine & William died, then Peter & Christiana (& Cameron spouses) went to the Hunter Valley to Yarraman & Quirindi, & Donald, Robert & family went to the Monaro, to Nimmitabel & Delegate & eventually raised their own sheep.

      Family legend has it that our Campbells were from Argyll, but I can't find records for Archibald before his marriage, there would be cousins left behind in Kilmonivaig, but I can't be certain of links with such a common name.
      I have submitted my file to the Campbell Clan database & would love to make contact with anyone from this line & willing to swap information,
      Best Regards, Yvonne