my Campbells

  • Lois Carrington
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2002
      >To add to your small (so far) stock of Campbells:

      Robert and Bridget Campbell came from Drumsloe, near Ballinamallard
      in Co Fermanagh. They travelled to Sydney aboard "Susan", 1838-39,
      accompanied by their sons John, Robert, Samuel and Thomas. A married
      daughter, Jane, Mrs Thomas Muldoon, had arrived in Australia in 1837.

      They lived initially in what is now the Rooty Hill area, before
      moving in 1841-2 to the vicinity of Clarence Town, on the Williams
      River, where Robert acquired a modest property. He was also a
      shoemaker, and carried on his trade all the while. The sons,
      especially Samuel, were also skilled at the trade.

      The early Campbell years in Australia are fairly well documented, but
      I am always on the look-out for more data, and more Campbell
      descendants not as yet encountered. My own descent is from Samuel,
      and I am of course in touch with kinsfolk in the other branches.

      Lois Carrington