1841 census Glencoe, Inscriptions Lochaber & Skye

  • Gillian
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2004
      I have just receivd two small books from the Scottish Genealogy Society in Edinburgh. The first was 1841 census for Glencoe, Duror and Ballachulish. Curiously, not many Campbells at Glencoe at that time - heaps of McDonalds and Rankins, etc. Our Donald Campbell (1813-1898) and his wife Ann Rankin must have already moved to Glasgow, so I didn't find them. I have posted the listing of Campbells to the Group under FILES on the home page.
      Anyone wanting lookups for Locahaber and Skye: Monumental inscriptions pre 1855 (it is a little sketchy in places) please contact me.
      Gillian
    • Neil Campbell
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2004
        Gillian
        Saw you mention Donald Campbell  and Rankin. I have a death certificate for their son Donald, when trying to find my Donald Campbell, would you like a copy or do you already have it?
        Fran (Campbell)