Hugh Campbell

  • Neil Campbell
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 24, 2004
      Hi to all the Campbells- wish we had an easier name to trace!
      Any Campbells with Donald Campbell wife Jane McIntyre married abt. 1859 in Vic.
      Or Donald Campbell and Jane Henderson?
      Fran
    • madalinecampbell
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2005
        Dear Fran and Don:

        Thanks for you input. I was so very sure that I had finally found the
        right person. Now it is back to the drawing board. May-be one day I
        will find out more about (Hugh) William Robert Campbell.

        Thanks Fran for the death record of William Robert Campbell, it adds
        some information that I didn't have. I am just so sorry that we aren't
        related. All the queries that you had put on were mine. It is really
        a sad thing that you thought you were a part of this family for so
        long. Also, if you had been connected I could of taken you back into
        Scotland. In both the Campbell's and Calder's, plus so many more
        family names that I have tracked down. Do you have any idea where your
        Campbell's come from in Scotland? So, thanks again and I sure hope one
        day that you track down your Hugh Campbell.

        Could you tell me if you have census records for Australia, when they
        started and what you find in them? Have they just the head of
        household or do they list the childern as well. It would be
        interesting if I could find William Robert Campbell in the 1891, 1901
        census. It might give me more information and I might find out when he
        was maried and to whom.

        I guess I will have to keep digging.

        Best regards,
        Madaline Campbell-Blaxland
      • Neil Campbell
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 9, 2005
          Madaline
          I wish we were, the hours I have spent looking for my Hughs family is alot and when I could make some connection with yours and not finding anyone who was connected, I had become complacent that your Hugh was ours and felt like I knew your family. Hope you find them soon. But this site has been informative for me and I hope I have helped others.
          Goodluck
          Frances Campbell

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 9, 2005
            Madaline
            My hugh has a marriage certificate and a death certificate, on both he has mother unknown. father Donald blacksmith.
            And it states he was born in Victoria. He died young and his family had nothing. His age varies with every certificate with a difference of over 8 years. He is stated as Cambell, 3/4 of his children were Cambell and with a couple registered as Campbell, we know from his marriage certificate that he was illeterate.  If I find anything for you hugh (william) I will let you know.
            Fran Campbell

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 14, 2005
              Madaline
              Now I have all the certificates from your family, would you me to post them to you. If so, send me your postal address. As they are no good to me now. Best you have them.
              I have-
              Donald Junior birth and death certificates.
              Hughs birth certificate
              Donald Senior death certificate
              Janes death certificate both these are of course altered copies, unable to obtain originals copies as these were changed and BDM no longer have originals (so they say)
              Sarah Campbell birth and death certificates
              Jane and Donalds wedding certificate
              More than happy to mail them to you.

              Fran Campbell

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
                Dear Fran:

                I would very much love to have all of the docements that you have on my family.  I am still very disappointed that we are not connected.  I know it must be a lot more disappointing to you after all of your hard work.  Keep digging and one day I am sure that you will find the connection.  Do you have any idea where your Hugh's parents came from?  What does it say on his death certificate?

                Well summer is surpose to be coming in a week or so but you wouldn't know that with the weather we are having.  Well I shouldn't complain as I really do not like the heat.

                I haven't been on-line for the last week or so as my husband had to go to the hospitla for an operation.  and is still there but might make it home by Sunday but not holding my breath.

                Thanks again for wanting to send me the docements.  Here is my home address:

                Madaline Campbell-Blaxland
                569 Whim Road
                R R # 2
                Montague, P.E.I.
                C0A 1R0 Canada

                When I have more time I am going to post all of the names connected with my Australian Campbell's, never know when a person might get a hit.

                Best regards,

                Madaline, P.E.I., Canada