Re: Scotland to Australia "Hugh & Ellen Campbell"

  • ian_desmond2003
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 13, 2004
      --- In CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "Neil Campbell"
      <neils1@b...> wrote:
      > Hi Ian
      > Am also interested in "Campbells"-
      > Our Campbell tree stops abruptly only 3 generations back-
      > Have Hugh Campbell (Cambell) who married Mary Ann Josephine Cox.
      > Hughs death and marriage certificate state that he was born in Vic
      abt. 1862 but we know that Hugh was illiterate so the birth year
      could be out. Have searched and found no birth in Victoria.
      > He states his parents as Donald Cambell 'blacksmith' but states
      his mother as "unknown".

      > Has become our haunting in our family tree, but am happy to share
      any info on our Campbells.

      > Frances Campbell (Vic Australia)
      Frances,
      I will still try to find some info for you.
      but in the meantime I would like to read anything on your tree
      Kind Regards Ian
      broker@...
    • Neil Campbell
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 13, 2004
        Hi Ian and all fellow campbells-
        Ian original spelling of Cambell on Hugh, unsure if it was like that or because he was iliterate (which wouldn't have helped). Out of all his children Frederick is the only one registered as a Campbell, the rest adopted the P.
        Fran.
      • Kevin & June
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 14, 2004
          Francis,
           I too am trying to find campbeell's.Mainly Geoff Campbell b Bendigo, to john campbell and mother Johnston or Johnson. hope someone can help find Geoff, hopefully he is still alive.
           thank you for your help.
           June robinson

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 26, 2004
            Keith
            Just a quick one, who were Donalds parents? I think I have found ours, and now have about 10 death certificates for
            "other" Donalds.
            Fran

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 26, 2004
              Hi Fran,
              Father Alexander Campbell born 1790 Dunbarton died 1850 Argyll -Farmer
              Mother Jane or Jean Gilmour born 1799 Dunbarton died 1863 Jones Creek Victoria . Keeping my fingers crossed,
              Best Regards,
              Keith Campbell