Re: [CampbellsAustralia] Scotland to Australia " Data Base"

  • Herb Petrie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2004
      ian_desmond2003 wrote:
      > I am researching any decendants of Hugh & Ellen Campbell who arrived
      > on board the ship "PORTLAND" 3rd.December 1837 at Sydney Cove

      Hello Ian,
      Sorry I am not able to help you with your Family, but I am interested
      in your data base,

      > I have a very large data base of Campbells in Australia & I am
      > allways interested in any Campbells Family Trees.
      > (It's A disease With No Cure)
      > Ian Campbell

      My Campbell ancestors start with John Campbell born about 1770, married
      Margaret Cameron, their children, Donald Campbell b. 1 Apr 1789, Oban
      Ann Campbell b. 1 Jan 1793, Oban and Angus Campbell b. 1800.
      It is said that there is a connection to "The Campbell Captains of
      Dunstaffnage" as several of John's descendants are buried in the grounds
      of Dunstaffnage CASTLE, but the exact connection has not yet been
      established.
      Angus Campbell married Mary McCaig 9 Feb 1826 They had several
      Children,all born in Oban, one being my Grandmother, Agnes b.5 Mar 1842
      who married Robert Inglis and came to New Zealand, Her sister Jessie b.
      20 Feb 1846 married Robert MacPherson and they went to Canada, her
      oldest brother Dugald b. 1827 Married Grace McKenzie whose descendants
      are all in Scotland or Ireland.
      It is believed that one of the other children, who are
      Alexander Campbell b. 12 Aug 1828.
      Marjory Campbell b. 14 Jun 1832.
      John Campbell b. 1839.
      Angus Campbell b. 1841
      Catherine Campbell b. 1847
      Donald Campbell b. 28 May 1849
      came at Australia, but it has not yet been established which one ? I
      wonder if perhaps your data base could help to answer this question,
      looking forward to comments,

      Herb Petrie,
      New Zealand.
    • Shirley Westaway
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2004
        Please, can anyone help me with information on this family:

        James CAMPBELL
        & Elizabeth Agnes MORRIS
        b. 1886, Collingwood, Victoria, Australia
        | Ilma Rose CAMPBELL
        | b. 1922, Richmond, Victoria, Australia
        | d. 1975
        | Kenneth CAMPBELL
        | Lorna CAMPBELL

        They lived in Canning Street, Carlton, probably during the 1920s.

        Shirley Westaway