Re: [CampbellsAustralia] Campbell & Australia's Immigration Wall of Honour

  • Lois Carrington
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2003
      Hello, Don - I have already long since posted my Campbells (including
      my g g g'fa Sam) to this list. Posting to the Great Wall occurred
      only yesterday, I memory of Janet.

      I'd be glad to hear of any others descended from Sam and Lizzie. Lois

      >Thought this may be of interest
      >Don
      >
      >CAMPBELL Samuel, 1821 Drumsloe FER IRL, Susan, 1839, Sydney NSW.
    • Vicky Lowe
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19, 2003
        Hi
        My Campbell is Ann Campbell who came from Dunvegan. At 21 years in 1855 she
        married Murdoch Ross (died 1864). Her father was Duncan Campbell and mother
        Ann Cameron. She was accompanied by her brother Norman and his wife
        Margaret. She married George Greenwell in 1871 and died in 1917. Many of the
        family did not even realise there was a second marriage.
        Unable to find much about her life in Scotland. Obvious she would have been
        part of the Highland clearances. Any help on what to do
        Vicky Lowe

        >From: "don johnston" <petenv@...>
        >To: "Australian Campbell's" <CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [CampbellsAustralia] Campbell & Australia's Immigration Wall of
        >Honour
        >Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:31:56 +1100
        >
        >Thought this may be of interest
        >Don
        >
        >CAMPBELL Samuel, 1821 Drumsloe FER IRL, Susan, 1839, Sydney NSW.
        >
        >At: http://users.bigpond.com/aftc/WallOfHonour/VirtualWallOfHonour.htm

        MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones.�Go to
        http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_messenger.asp