Campbell resources

  • Barbara G
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2002
      hi Campbell Listers

      After suggesting we should share information, thought I had better add
      what I have.

      I have a list of the NSW BD&Ms from Campbell, an old copy (1988) of the
      IGI microfiche of B&Ms from the LDS which covers NSW, UK and Scotland.

      I also have the following books. General Return of Convicts in NSW 1837
      (lists convicts and who they were assigned to), The City of Sydney
      Directory 1844-45 and three volumes on the early days of Hill End by
      Harry Hodge.

      Extensive family trees include Campbells of Duntroon, Campbells of
      Melfort, Campbells of Craignish and Campbells of Lochend who had family
      settle in Australia.

      My Campbell records relating to overseas include the books Heraldry of
      the Campbells by G Harvey Johnson and The House of Argyll and Collateral
      Branches, both published 1870s, and a photo copy of all the Campbells who
      served on the Military in the East India Company, 1600 - 1858.

      Hope these will help.

      Barbara
    • Lois Carrington
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2002
        Thank you, Barbara. I'll bear you in mind! Lois