      From: It's Maggie <itsmaggie@...>
      Subject: Re: [CampbellsAustralia] Re: Campbells in Victoria
      To: "CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com" <CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com>

      Hello there from Brisbane.

      I'm probably tied up in all this as well.  I was born walking distance from Findochty (caad Finechty).  I have all of those names listed and can go back to 1660 to the first Flett (James).  I do have big generation gaps though.  My granny was Catherine Sutherland and her ma was Catherine Campbell (born 13 October 1813 and died 8 April 1895) who married Joseph Sutherland.

      Catherine's parents were William Campbell (1788-1841) and Katherine Flett.  There were two other children that I know of; Jane (1860), who married William Taylor, and James....I don't know anything about him though.  I should point out that the name 'Gappy' below, should be Jappy (unless there was a misappropriated spelling in your line).  We were all fisherfowk and you bet your boots that we're all the result of 400 years of inbreeding.

      I love a mystery and have cousins who can possibly help with some of the macrame.

      Cheers and hope to find out more,

      Margaret Otto