      From: notify@yahoogroups.com [mailto:notify@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of pacampbell952

      Sent: Saturday, 16 June 2012 9:18 PM

      To: don johnston

      Subject: Re: Ballarat Campbell's

      I'm replying to this really old post I stumbled across... James Campbell (1845-1893) was my great-grandfather.  See also http://brightoncemetery.com/HistoricInterments/150Names/campbellj.htm

      Regards - Peter Campbell.

      --- In CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "don johnston" <petenv@...> wrote:

      Re-Posting Raymond Henderson's, off list query to me, please feel free to reply direct to Raymond, or to the Group and I'll forward it on.  Ray is the Moderator of the Rootsweb "Melbounre" list and a friend of mine.

      Best Wishes

      Do you know anything about a James Campbell who was in Ballarat and connected to the stockade thingo? Ray.

      Not off the top of my head, bear in mind that Campbell was not an uncommon surname [GGggrrrrr] and James as a christian name, I won't go into that, certainly in my Campbell line there were James Campbell's in every generation, in fact my youngest [well he's in his late twenties now] son's name is Campbell James Johnston.... Do you have any more details Ray ??.  I'll re-post your query to the Campbells in Australia Group, maybe, just maybe some may have a link ??

      Best Wishes

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic