501Re: Archibald Fletcher married Catherine Campbell 1866 at Bolinda Vic

  • fletcherjohn50
    Dec 10, 2007
      --- In CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com, John Fletcher
      <fletcherjohn50@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I am trying to find out more about my GGF Archibald Fletcher
      who married Catherine Campbell born Montreal circa 1841 and died
      Coburg Vic 1921. They had a son, my GF Walter Wentworth Fletcher who
      was born 1877 at Riddells Ck, Vic. Catherine Campbell's parents were
      James Campbell and Ann ODonnell. I had a look at the Vic records for
      Unassisted passages and saw that there was a Campbell family who came
      to Vic in 1857 on the "Melbourne" and this included James Campbell
      (the father) aged 50, and then Mrs Campbell 48, Anna 8, Catherine 16
      (could be my GGM) Eliza 22, James (son) 22, Jane 11, John 10,
      Margaret 24, Mary 18. This seemed the best match using this resource.
      Would anyone know about these campbells or could you suggest further
      avenues of investigation. Regards John Fletcher

      >Update: Marjorie advised that I get a copy of Catherine Campbell's
      Death Certificate. This showed that she was from Danlon or Danlow
      (Copperplate isnt easy to read for me) County Donegal Ireland and not
      born Montreal Canada as previously thought. John Fletcher