500Archibald Fletcher married Catherine Campbell 1866 at Bolinda Vic

  • John Fletcher
    Dec 10, 2007
      Hi, I am trying to find out more about my GGF Archibald Fletcher who married Catherine Campbell born Montreal circa 1841 and died Coburg Vic 1921. They had a son, my GF Walter Wentworth Fletcher who was born 1877 at Riddells Ck, Vic. Catherine Campbell's parents were James Campbell and Ann ODonnell. I had a look at the Vic records for Unassisted passages and saw that there was a Campbell family who came to Vic in 1857 on the "Melbourne" and this included James Campbell (the father) aged 50, and then Mrs Campbell 48, Anna 8, Catherine 16 (could be my GGM) Eliza 22, James (son) 22, Jane 11, John 10, Margaret 24, Mary 18. This seemed the best match using this resource. Would anyone know about these campbells or could you suggest further avenues of investigation. Regards John Fletcher