      Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 7:05 PM
      Subject: [CampbellsAustralia] Re: Archibald Campbell

      --- In CampbellsAustralia@ yahoogroups. com, "Janine Dale"
      <robbienjan@ ...> wrote:

      > Hi List
      > Does anyone have a connection to or any knowlege of:
      > Archibald Campbell ( b abt 1811) & wife Mary who arrived with
      daughter Janet (10 yo ) per Utopia to Portland Victoria in 1854.

      > thanks
      > Janine Dale

      Hi Janine
      I can only offer eary information but it might be of some help to you.

      The 1851 census shows Archibald Campbell labourer, aged 40 born
      Barrey, Lanark, his wife Mary aged 40 b Glasgow, daughters Elizabeth
      12 b Glasgow and Janet 8 b Glasgow living in the Parish of St John
      Glasgow at 375 Gallowgate.
      Utopia passenger records show:
      CAMPBELL Archibald Ag. Labourer Lanark Pres. R.W. M 42 Alex.
      Patterson Portland £120 12 mths
      Mary Wife " " R.W. F 42
      Janet Daughter " " R.W. F 10
      Archibald had agreed to work for Alex Patterson of Portland for 12
      months.
      No idea what happened to daughter Elizabeth.
      good luck
      Barbara

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic