474Re: Charles Campbell 37 years old died 1914

  • gurneybarbara
    Apr 1, 2007
      I have had a look at the NSW indexes and the only Charles I can find
      born in the Wagga area is Charles F Campbell, father James, mother
      Charlotte born 1969 in Hay Ref.6128/1869.

      I found the death of a James Campbell in Wagga Wagga who died in
      1889 aged 60 Ref. 117899/1889. Both these Ref. numbers are for the
      NSW Registrar of BD&Ms.

      No marriage for James and Charlotte in NSW.

      I also found your James Campbell, Convict number 11468 departed
      Portsmouth 5/02/1851 on Lady Kennaway (2) arrived Tasmania
      18/5.1851. This information from the Tasmanian Convict index in The
      Archives of Tasmania.

      good luck
      Barbara

      --- In CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "kiwisolis"
      <kiwisolis@...> wrote:

      > We have found Charles Campbell who is buried in Tauramanui,NZ. He
      was
      > a bushman and was married to Karner Botilda Elizabeth Garner-
      Campbell.
      > She was six months pregnant with my grandmother when he died.(tree
      > fell on him, opps.) She soon remarried but we don't have that
      name, so
      > don't know if we have other family out there.
      >
      > I put the images on the albumn. His gravestone was paid by his
      fellow
      > workmen and we think it was erected three years after his death as
      > that is the only Charles Campbell on town records.
      >
      > Also it seems that some of the graves at the cemetary are missing
      or
      > have been built over and forgotten. We got a good gander at the
      > original map of the cemetary. most of the names on the graves have
      > faded from the document. According to records the cemetary should
      be
      > four times the size that it is now. My sister and I think we have
      > uncovered a big coverup... or not. It's fun to fantisize.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic