CAMP THOREAU: A PRIMER
Camp Thoreau first began in the summer of 1962 by Ann and Karl Rodman and was located in Wallkill, NY. In the summer of 1979 Greg Finger, who had headed programming in Wallkill since 1969, created Camp Thoreau-in-Vermont in Thetford Center, Vermont. Meanwhile, the Wallkill location had a new director in Paul Milkman. A few years later, Karl and Ann sold the Wallkill location so Milkman moved Thoreau in NY to nearby Pine Bush where it remained until the summer of 1988, its last. Camp Thoreau-in-Vermont, initially directed by both Greg Finger and Joan Hollister --then later solely by Greg-- operated through the summer of 2004. The next chapter of Camp Thoreau remains to be determined.
Adam Schartoff (Wallkill, 1972 - 1977 / TIV 1980's) is the moderator of this listserv.
- Folk and Traditional
- Mar 2, 1999
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.