RE: [CalontirDance] YAY DANCE!!

  • Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar
    Message 1 of 32 , Apr 27, 2008
      You and Murdoch did a great job of teaching Horse's Bransle, too. I know Aelfstan and I had a great time. I can't wait for next time. What should we teach next? :-)

      Sara Sophia

      To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com
      From: boltb4@...
      Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 06:34:06 -0700
      Subject: [CalontirDance] YAY DANCE!!

      Last night, we had a great time at our first Mag Mor Dance Night. It was really fun. We had 6 people there. Several others wanted to come, but couldn't due to illness, working at the last minute, or school obligations. I think we'll have a lot more people in two weeks. Sara Sophia did an outstanding job teaching Carolingian Pavane. A member of our Barony, Iahan, owns a beautiful dance studio and generously offered us his studio for bi-weekly dance practice.

      http://basicallyballroomstudio.com/

      Murdoch and I taught Horse's Bransle. We learned it via a combo of the Crystal Ball mini-dance book and a You Tube video of people dancing at Pennsic to Wolgemut. However, the video helped because I was able to say, "Oh that's what the Crystal Ball instructions mean by 'paw!' " Who knows what I would have come up without that visual aid!

      We are planning to have more dance at Crown Tourney - time of day is not yet determined. Tsire said she would be available to help us learn some new dances, which will be fabulous. Maybe we can get through Tsire's top 10 Catch and Release dances? Or, at least the top 5? I'm a beginner. (-:

      Hope to see you in Mag Mor next weekend!

      Emelye

    • Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar
      Message 32 of 32 , May 22, 2008
        Well, I finally sat down and counted and guess what. The first run through on the mp3 is about 2 measures/bars/4 counts shorter than the rest. No wonder I can't get the steps to come out right the first time. :-)

        Thanks for all the help everyone. I think I've got it now. :-)

        Sara Sophia