New Topic: Spellings of that word.

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2008
      Word for the day: Bransle

      Task: List all the spellings you've seen over the years.

      Subtask: Group into 'valid spellings' and 'what the heck? spellings'.

      Subtask: Order each group by best, most correct, most often seen to
      worst, least correct, rare.

      Subtask: Justify your classifications and rankings.

      Final task: Enjoy my little story about feast at Spring Spears this
      year. Our server brought out a lovely dish of green peas and told us,
      "Now, there's only one per table so you will have to share." I quipped,
      "If we don't and get in a fight over them, would it be considered a
      'Pease Bransle'?". She must have known what I was talking about because
      she gave me a look and then nearly upended them on my head.

      --

      // Merry

      ----------
      'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre

    • Eridani Aurus
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 23, 2008
        Braule

        Robert Coplande 1521- The Manner To Dance Bace Dances
        Eridani

        <Merry@...> wrote:

        > Word for the day: Bransle
        >
        > Task: List all the spellings you've seen over the
        > years.

        Be a better friend, newshound, and