Re: [CalontirDance] Troika & Other dances sent to the farm

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 23, 2008
      ChazCon wrote:
      > I hear you, Tsire...
      >
      > Yeah, it sucks, and I can see why you are baffled that this makes you "the bad guy". Many, many people just can't hack hearing the words "No, not today" without acting the victim. Even when you're just trying to "up" the coolness factor by promoting the time period we are supposed to be interested in.

      I have a theory on why people might get grumpy. If they don't dance
      that often they may fall into the category of:

      a) we did it long ago

      b) it's the only one I remember a) by name b) the steps to c) enjoying

      c) I don't attend regular practices and dances so I don't know that it's
      fallen out of favor... or more importantly... why.

      d) I don't attend regular anything, so when I get a chance to dance
      you're a jerk if you don't dance my favorite one... I mean.. you get to
      dance all the time.

      Of course, if (any of) this is true, it doesn't make it any easier to
      deal with *sigh*. It's not like you can tell them to 'get with the
      program, chum' and have that go over well :(

      > I have noticed at wars that Calontir has a larger number of "period" tents and people in "period" shoes than many other kingdoms. I like adding "period" dances to that little list.

      That's a good attitude to have.... period.
    • Lady Neathery of Safita
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 24, 2008
        I got just my digest of the conversation and I want to say I love you
        guys! I am so glad that we are having this discussion and Tsire ..
        you are absolutely my heroine!!!
        Neathery
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 24, 2008
          She's my heroin too. Seeing her and Delric tonight was a real shot in
          the arm... A real pick me up. I was jonesin' bad, and I got my fix.
          Oh wait. You said heroine. My bad.

          Lady Neathery of Safita wrote:
          > I got just my digest of the conversation and I want to say I love you
          > guys! I am so glad that we are having this discussion and Tsire ..
          > you are absolutely my heroine!!!
          > Neathery

          // Merry

          ----------
          'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre

        • ChazCon
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 25, 2008
            HAH!!!
            you DAMN funny!
            She's my heroin too. Seeing her and Delric tonight was a real shot in
            the arm... A real pick me up. I was jonesin' bad, and I got my fix.
            Oh wait. You said heroine. My bad.

            Lady Neathery of Safita wrote:
            > I got just my digest of the conversation and I want to say I love you
            > guys! I am so glad that we are having this discussion and Tsire ..
            > you are absolutely my heroine!!!
            > Neathery

            // Merry

            'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre