RE: [CalontirDance] Troika & Other dances sent to the farm

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 23, 2008
      Emelye said:
      So what are your top 5 songs for getting new dancers on the right track with period dances? Anyone else want to volunteer their top 5 favorite "catch and release" songs for new dancers?

      Okay so here's my top 10

      Carolingian Pavanne
      Pavanne
      Beginner
      Couples in a Line

      Black Alman
      Alman
      Easy
      Couples in a Line

      LyBens Dystonis
      Early English
      Beginner
      Couples in a Line

      Pease Bransle
      Bransle
      Beginner
      Couples in a Circle

      Scotch Cap
      ECD
      Easy
      3 Couples in a Line

      Gathering Peascods
      ECD
      Easy
      Couples in a Circle

      Piantone
      Game
      Easy
      Wheel of Couples

      Anello
      15th C Ital
      Beginner
      2 Couples Facing One Another

      Contrapsso in Due
      16th C. Ital
      Beginner
      Couples in a Line

      Vilanella
      16th C. Ital
      Easy
      Couples in a Line
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 23, 2008
        ChazCon wrote:
        > I hear you, Tsire...
        >
        > Yeah, it sucks, and I can see why you are baffled that this makes you "the bad guy". Many, many people just can't hack hearing the words "No, not today" without acting the victim. Even when you're just trying to "up" the coolness factor by promoting the time period we are supposed to be interested in.

        I have a theory on why people might get grumpy. If they don't dance
        that often they may fall into the category of:

        a) we did it long ago

        b) it's the only one I remember a) by name b) the steps to c) enjoying

        c) I don't attend regular practices and dances so I don't know that it's
        fallen out of favor... or more importantly... why.

        d) I don't attend regular anything, so when I get a chance to dance
        you're a jerk if you don't dance my favorite one... I mean.. you get to
        dance all the time.

        Of course, if (any of) this is true, it doesn't make it any easier to
        deal with *sigh*. It's not like you can tell them to 'get with the
        program, chum' and have that go over well :(

        > I have noticed at wars that Calontir has a larger number of "period" tents and people in "period" shoes than many other kingdoms. I like adding "period" dances to that little list.

        That's a good attitude to have.... period.
      • Lady Neathery of Safita
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 24, 2008
          I got just my digest of the conversation and I want to say I love you
          guys! I am so glad that we are having this discussion and Tsire ..
          you are absolutely my heroine!!!
          Neathery
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 24, 2008
            She's my heroin too. Seeing her and Delric tonight was a real shot in
            the arm... A real pick me up. I was jonesin' bad, and I got my fix.
            Oh wait. You said heroine. My bad.

            Lady Neathery of Safita wrote:
            > I got just my digest of the conversation and I want to say I love you
            > guys! I am so glad that we are having this discussion and Tsire ..
            > you are absolutely my heroine!!!
            > Neathery

            // Merry

            ----------
            'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre

          • ChazCon
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 25, 2008
              HAH!!!
              you DAMN funny!
              She's my heroin too. Seeing her and Delric tonight was a real shot in
              the arm... A real pick me up. I was jonesin' bad, and I got my fix.
              Oh wait. You said heroine. My bad.

              Lady Neathery of Safita wrote:
              > I got just my digest of the conversation and I want to say I love you
              > guys! I am so glad that we are having this discussion and Tsire ..
              > you are absolutely my heroine!!!
              > Neathery

              // Merry

              'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre