Question about MIDI format.

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 12:51 AM
      Greetings. Hoping that by casting such a wide net I might net a few
      keepers.

      I've been wondering for a long while now if anyone else has had the
      experience of exporting MIDI music (I do it from Finale), and than
      making it available for listening/downloading off of a website and
      experiencing problems with QuickTime playing a nasty horrible 100% gain
      white-noise transient at the beginning of playback, especially when the
      link is clicked and the browser plays it inside using the Quicktime
      plugin. I assume it's a buffering issue where playback begins prior to
      frames actually being rendered and thus some sort of nonsense frames are
      sent to the soundcard (to very very unpleasant/painful effect). It
      doesn't happen every time.

      I had hoped that it was primarily a Finale export problem... that some
      way the MIDI it writes doesn't have instructions to pre-buffer/render or
      some such and that when I upgraded from 2001 to 2007 that the problem
      would be rectified, but this has not been the case. Further, I've
      experienced it from MIDI that I doubt very much was generated using
      Finale.

      Either way, I'd like to figure out a way to put some sort of leader, or
      command to address this issue. I don't want people thinking that the
      files I distribute are of poor quality because they get their eardrums
      slammed together by that transient, when quality control is one of my
      highest priorities.

      Anyways. Anyone else familiar with this problem, and perhaps a
      solution? Some of my MIDIs are here:
      http://music.shireofstandingstones.org/index.php?Content=Music
      http://bcfdpipesanddrums.com/index.php?Content=Music

      --