Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies War!

  • Rowan
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 6 11:04 AM
      Ok. I'm starting to get my act together for Lilies.
      How long and when are each of your 3 slots per day for dance classes? I'm
      assuming 1&1/2 - 2 hours, since RUSH classes are running 9-noon and 1-5, and
      in the past we have gotten 4-5 1hr slots. I think 11/2hr slots would be
      great cause it ensures that everyone gets to learn - not just review - the
      dances.

      Do we have the permanent pavillion for dance classes again? Have you
      sceduled it with both RUSH and the scedulear. I'm asking cause once of the
      other lists I'm on mentioned a roundtable/potluck at the permant pavillion
      starting at 3pm on Tuesday.

      Sign both me and Cathus up for teaching, we can teach nearly anything. How
      is your dance classes list coming? What else do you need? When and what do
      you need taught? Since the ball is Wed I assume you want classes before Wed
      to concentrate on dances in the ball.

      HL Rowan Houndskeeper

      From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@...>
      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:23:45 -0800 (PST)
      Subject: [CalontirDance] Lilies War!

      Greetings Dancers of Calontir!
      Tsire asked me I wouldn't mind compiling a list of dance classes for
      this years Lilies. Therefore, I need volunteers that are A) going to be at
      war this years, B) willing to teach and C) have ideas for classes they want
      to see (as I am far from an expert in the field of dance). Please let me
      know what you are excited in teaching and wanting to participate in. I
      can't wait to take the classes! Thanks. Helena Gewolf.

    • Debbie Sullentrup
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 10 3:13 PM
        Greetings Rowan and the dancers of Calontir!
        I wanted to apologize for my tardiness in responding. We could still use everyone to teach everything. The only claimed classes are Cascarde class and a Balli class one on Thursday morning and one on Friday. I have a class in mind for English country dance, but i will need to see if I can borrow the teacher as his services might be consumed for much of war. Right now, the classes are set up to be one hour blocks, but don't see any problems making classes longer as need be. Just let me know what you want to see, when and how long so that I can get it into the schedule.
        We also need review classes on Wednesday for the Ball. The dance list is:

        Carolingian PavanMy Lady CullenAnelloVillane llaHeralds in LoveBlack AlmanGracca AmorosaHeart' s EaseHyde ParkPetit VriensBlack NagSellinger' s RoundRoad to the IslesRosti Boli GioiosoPicking of SticksKorabushka Saturday Night Sunday Morn
        Confesse

        Please feel free to let me know what you want to teach, as well as what you would like to see taught. I am really excited about Liles! My goal is to have the dance schedule set by the ball at the Dance Symposioum the in Bellewode (19th of April) as the information needs to go to RUSH soon after that weekend.

        Thanks to all!

        Helena Gewolf.

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 26 3:56 PM
          OK
          We have the following classes for you to add the the Lillies RUSH dance
          schedule.
          Lady Arina will teach English Country for 3 Couples (Black Nag, Jenny Pluck
          Pears, Grimstock)
          HL Cathus will teach New English Country
          HL Cathus will teach Bassa
          HL Rowan will teach English Country Square Dancing (Hearts Ease, Ruffty Tuffty, Hyde Park)
          HL Rowan will teach Lilies Ball Review (on Wed)
          HL Rowan will teach The Odd Italians (Italian dances with odd numbers or gender disparity in
          the dancers)

          HL Rowan Houndskeeper

          From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@...>

          To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

          Cc: pretzelbear@...

          From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@...>

          To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

          Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:23:45 -0800 (PST)

          Greetings Dancers of Calontir!

          Tsire asked me I wouldn't mind compiling a list of dance classes for

          this years Lilies. Therefore, I need volunteers that are A) going to be at

          war this years, B) willing to teach and C) have ideas for classes they want

          to see (as I am far from an expert in the field of dance). Please let me

          know what you are excited in teaching and wanting to participate in. I

          can't wait to take the classes! Thanks. Helena Gewolf.

          Individual Email | Traditional

          (Yahoo! ID required)

          mailto:CalontirDance-digest@yahoogroups.com

          mailto:CalontirDance-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ [http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/%5d
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 27 2:38 PM
            Is anyone planning on going to terp this weekend?

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 27 3:10 PM
              I want to but I'm overcommitted here at home once again. This is just a crappy time of year for me life-wise and I feel like I'll never get to make the trip.

              Tsire

              To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: sauerm@...: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:38:49 -0500Subject: [CalontirDance] Terp?

              Is anyone planning on going to terp this weekend?Conrad[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

            • Katriana
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 28 9:22 PM
                Sauer, Michael F. wrote:

                > Is anyone planning on going to terp this weekend?
                >
                > Conrad

                Got to get Emily off to an ACT training class tomorrow morning. I'm
                hoping when she starts college I'll have more time :-) but right now
                I've got to do the mom thing.