Re: [CalontirDance] Dance Symposium!!!

  • 'Merry' Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
      Will there be a dance list so that one might practice ahead of time?

      Thanks.

      Chris Lewis wrote:
      > There is always a music pit for the ball in the evening. There is usually
      > at least one classroom during the day where musicians can get together and
      > play as well. At least there has been in years past. I will post to the
      > Bellewode list to let them know that there is interest in that this year as
      > well.
      >

      > -Roberto
      >

      > _____

      // Merry

      ----------
      'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre

    • mightypav@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
        Yarg!!!

        That event is against March Warden in Grimfells. The Grimfells Music
        Ensemble will be playing at March Warden.

        Pav
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
          Hey folks. Her Highness is keen to have dancing at Her Coronation. Hooray. Here's the set list she has chosen. Please come participate in Her Ascension to Queen of Calontir.

          Carolingian PavanMy Lady CullenAnelloVillanellaHeralds in LoveBlack AlmanGracca AmorosaHeart's EaseHyde ParkPetit VriensBlack NagSellinger's RoundRoad to the IslesRosti Boli GioiosoPicking of SticksKorabushka

          Take the same set list and add these two dances:
          Saturday Night Sunday Morn
          Confesse
          and you have the set list for Lilies.

          Happy practicing!

        • Chris Lewis
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
            In years past, the gang in Bellewode were kind enough to let whomever on
            this list wanted to have part in the building of the dance list, create it -
            so being on this list, if things go as they have in the past, you will see
            the list before it is published.

            Also, the classes tend to have some classes that will teach dances used for
            the Ball.

            _____

            On Behalf Of 'Merry' Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
            Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 11:44 AM
            To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Dance Symposium!!!

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
              In reality guys the ball in years past has been created on site either within a 'building a better ball' type class or during the dinner break. This has to do with the dance mistress (me) being rather overwhelmed this time of year. I also think it helps to see the method behind my madness now and then and I choose the symposium to show people how I do this.

              This year I believe that I challenged some locals to come up with and run the ball this If the planners have questions I'd be happy to help.

              Bellewode! It's in your court! Your event is 68 days away and the requests for your set list have begun.

              Ready? Set? Go!