RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies War!

  • Rowan
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 7, 2008
      Cathus and I will be there and will teach - we just don't know what yet.
      Do we send the information only to you and you pass the whole lot onto RUSH
      or do you want us to send our information onto RUSH?

      HL Rowan Houndskeeper

      From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@...>
      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 17:13:28 -0800 (PST)
      Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies War!

      So far, you are the first one i have set and signed up. I have one other
      teacher thinking about teaching English Country Dances, but I have to
      request they use of him in advance. So again everyone, please please please
      let me know what you want to teach and on what day. I have slots for 3
      classes a day Monday through Saturday. Thanks so much. Helena

      Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote:
      Oooh Thanks Helena!

      I'll do a Cascarde class and a Balli class for sure. They'll have to be
      Thurs AM or later since I'm not getting to the war till Wednesday afternoon.

      Helena - how many class slots do you have to open right now?

      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: kell100312@...: Mon, 4 Feb
      2008 19:23:45 -0800Subject: [CalontirDance] Lilies War!

      Greetings Dancers of Calontir!Tsire asked me I wouldn't mind compiling a
      list of dance classes for this years Lilies. Therefore, I need volunteers
      that are A) going to be at war this years, B) willing to teach and C) have
      ideas for classes they want to see (as I am far from an expert in the field
      of dance). Please let me know what you are excited in teaching and wanting
      to participate in. I can't wait to take the classes! Thanks. Helena
      Gewolf.---------------------------------Be a better friend, newshound, and
      know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.[Non-text portions of this
      message have been removed]

    • Chris Lewis
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 7, 2008
        My lady wife (Helena) is compiling the list, and will submit it to the RUSH
        schedule herself :-)

        Thanks for all of the help educating Dance, you guys rock.

        -Roberto

        _____

        Cathus and I will be there and will teach - we just don't know what yet.
        Do we send the information only to you and you pass the whole lot onto RUSH
        or do you want us to send our information onto RUSH?

        HL Rowan Houndskeeper
        Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
        rowan@french. <mailto:rowan%40french.toast.net> toast.net

        From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@yahoo. <mailto:kell100312%40yahoo.com>
        com>
        To: CalontirDance@ <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 17:13:28 -0800 (PST)

        Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@hotmail. <mailto:tsire%40hotmail.com> com> wrote:
        Oooh Thanks Helena!

        I'll do a Cascarde class and a Balli class for sure. They'll have to be
        Thurs AM or later since I'm not getting to the war till Wednesday afternoon.

        Helena - how many class slots do you have to open right now?

        To: CalontirDance@ <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.comFrom>
        yahoogroups.comFrom: kell100312@yahoo. <mailto:kell100312%40yahoo.comDate>
        comDate: Mon, 4 Feb

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 6, 2008
          Ok. I'm starting to get my act together for Lilies.
          How long and when are each of your 3 slots per day for dance classes? I'm
          assuming 1&1/2 - 2 hours, since RUSH classes are running 9-noon and 1-5, and
          in the past we have gotten 4-5 1hr slots. I think 11/2hr slots would be
          great cause it ensures that everyone gets to learn - not just review - the
          dances.

          Do we have the permanent pavillion for dance classes again? Have you
          sceduled it with both RUSH and the scedulear. I'm asking cause once of the
          other lists I'm on mentioned a roundtable/potluck at the permant pavillion
          starting at 3pm on Tuesday.

          Sign both me and Cathus up for teaching, we can teach nearly anything. How
          is your dance classes list coming? What else do you need? When and what do
          you need taught? Since the ball is Wed I assume you want classes before Wed
          to concentrate on dances in the ball.

          HL Rowan Houndskeeper

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
            Greetings Rowan and the dancers of Calontir!
            I wanted to apologize for my tardiness in responding. We could still use everyone to teach everything. The only claimed classes are Cascarde class and a Balli class one on Thursday morning and one on Friday. I have a class in mind for English country dance, but i will need to see if I can borrow the teacher as his services might be consumed for much of war. Right now, the classes are set up to be one hour blocks, but don't see any problems making classes longer as need be. Just let me know what you want to see, when and how long so that I can get it into the schedule.
            We also need review classes on Wednesday for the Ball. The dance list is:

            Carolingian PavanMy Lady CullenAnelloVillane llaHeralds in LoveBlack AlmanGracca AmorosaHeart' s EaseHyde ParkPetit VriensBlack NagSellinger' s RoundRoad to the IslesRosti Boli GioiosoPicking of SticksKorabushka Saturday Night Sunday Morn
            Confesse

            Please feel free to let me know what you want to teach, as well as what you would like to see taught. I am really excited about Liles! My goal is to have the dance schedule set by the ball at the Dance Symposioum the in Bellewode (19th of April) as the information needs to go to RUSH soon after that weekend.

            Thanks to all!

            Helena Gewolf.

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 26, 2008
              OK
              We have the following classes for you to add the the Lillies RUSH dance
              schedule.
              Lady Arina will teach English Country for 3 Couples (Black Nag, Jenny Pluck
              Pears, Grimstock)
              HL Cathus will teach New English Country
              HL Cathus will teach Bassa
              HL Rowan will teach English Country Square Dancing (Hearts Ease, Ruffty Tuffty, Hyde Park)
              HL Rowan will teach Lilies Ball Review (on Wed)
              HL Rowan will teach The Odd Italians (Italian dances with odd numbers or gender disparity in
              the dancers)

              HL Rowan Houndskeeper

              From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@...>

              To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

              Cc: pretzelbear@...

              From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@...>

              To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

              Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:23:45 -0800 (PST)

              Greetings Dancers of Calontir!

              Tsire asked me I wouldn't mind compiling a list of dance classes for

              this years Lilies. Therefore, I need volunteers that are A) going to be at

              war this years, B) willing to teach and C) have ideas for classes they want

              to see (as I am far from an expert in the field of dance). Please let me

              know what you are excited in teaching and wanting to participate in. I

              can't wait to take the classes! Thanks. Helena Gewolf.

              Individual Email | Traditional

              (Yahoo! ID required)

              mailto:CalontirDance-digest@yahoogroups.com

              mailto:CalontirDance-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ [http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/%5d
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 27, 2008
                Is anyone planning on going to terp this weekend?

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 27, 2008
                  I want to but I'm overcommitted here at home once again. This is just a crappy time of year for me life-wise and I feel like I'll never get to make the trip.

                  Tsire

                  To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: sauerm@...: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:38:49 -0500Subject: [CalontirDance] Terp?

                  Is anyone planning on going to terp this weekend?Conrad[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                • Katriana
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 28, 2008
                    Sauer, Michael F. wrote:

                    > Is anyone planning on going to terp this weekend?
                    >
                    > Conrad

                    Got to get Emily off to an ACT training class tomorrow morning. I'm
                    hoping when she starts college I'll have more time :-) but right now
                    I've got to do the mom thing.