Re: [CalontirDance] Dance Symposium!!!

  • Conna
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 7, 2008
      Me too!
      And there will be a ball that evening. Maybe outside in a garden area
      that sounds lovely, or maybe inside a beautiful hall (no fugly
      gymnasium this year).

      It should be a lot of fun!

      On Wednesday, February 6, 2008, at 06:24 PM, Katriana wrote:

      > Always has been. I'll be playing.
      >
      > katriana
      >
      > mightypav@... wrote:
      > >

      > > If I show up will there be a music pit?
      > >
      > > Pav

    • Rowan
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 7, 2008
        Gee and we were just talking about this at QP.
        I have no idea what to teach this year - any requests?

        HL Rowan Houndskeeper

        From: "Lady Neathery of Safita" <nfuller@...>
        To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:12:00 -0000
        Subject: [CalontirDance] Dance Symposium!!!

        Don't forget that the next session of the Royal University will be the
        Bellewode Dance Heraldic RUSH April 19-20, 2007. It will be a great
        event so if any of you want to teach classes please submit them to the
        University!!!
        http://calontir-rush.org/test/courseinfo.htm

        I am looking forward to seeing you all there.

        YIS,
        HL Neathery of Safita
        Chancellor of the Royal University of Scir-Hafoc

      • 'Merry' Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
          Will there be a dance list so that one might practice ahead of time?

          Thanks.

          Chris Lewis wrote:
          > There is always a music pit for the ball in the evening. There is usually
          > at least one classroom during the day where musicians can get together and
          > play as well. At least there has been in years past. I will post to the
          > Bellewode list to let them know that there is interest in that this year as
          > well.
          >

          > -Roberto
          >

          > _____

          // Merry

          ----------
          'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre

        • mightypav@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
            Yarg!!!

            That event is against March Warden in Grimfells. The Grimfells Music
            Ensemble will be playing at March Warden.

            Pav
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
              Hey folks. Her Highness is keen to have dancing at Her Coronation. Hooray. Here's the set list she has chosen. Please come participate in Her Ascension to Queen of Calontir.

              Carolingian PavanMy Lady CullenAnelloVillanellaHeralds in LoveBlack AlmanGracca AmorosaHeart's EaseHyde ParkPetit VriensBlack NagSellinger's RoundRoad to the IslesRosti Boli GioiosoPicking of SticksKorabushka

              Take the same set list and add these two dances:
              Saturday Night Sunday Morn
              Confesse
              and you have the set list for Lilies.

              Happy practicing!

            • Chris Lewis
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
                In years past, the gang in Bellewode were kind enough to let whomever on
                this list wanted to have part in the building of the dance list, create it -
                so being on this list, if things go as they have in the past, you will see
                the list before it is published.

                Also, the classes tend to have some classes that will teach dances used for
                the Ball.

                _____

                On Behalf Of 'Merry' Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
                Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 11:44 AM
                To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Dance Symposium!!!

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
                  In reality guys the ball in years past has been created on site either within a 'building a better ball' type class or during the dinner break. This has to do with the dance mistress (me) being rather overwhelmed this time of year. I also think it helps to see the method behind my madness now and then and I choose the symposium to show people how I do this.

                  This year I believe that I challenged some locals to come up with and run the ball this If the planners have questions I'd be happy to help.

                  Bellewode! It's in your court! Your event is 68 days away and the requests for your set list have begun.

                  Ready? Set? Go!