Dance Symposium!!!

  • Lady Neathery of Safita
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 6, 2008
      Don't forget that the next session of the Royal University will be the
      Bellewode Dance Heraldic RUSH April 19-20, 2007. It will be a great
      event so if any of you want to teach classes please submit them to the
      University!!!
      http://calontir-rush.org/test/courseinfo.htm

      I am looking forward to seeing you all there.

      YIS,
      HL Neathery of Safita
      Chancellor of the Royal University of Scir-Hafoc
    • mightypav@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 6, 2008
        If I show up will there be a music pit?

        Pav
      • Katriana
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 6, 2008
          Always has been. I'll be playing.

          katriana

          mightypav@... wrote:

          > If I show up will there be a music pit?
          >
          > Pav

        • Chris Lewis
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 6, 2008
            There is always a music pit for the ball in the evening. There is usually
            at least one classroom during the day where musicians can get together and
            play as well. At least there has been in years past. I will post to the
            Bellewode list to let them know that there is interest in that this year as
            well.

            -Roberto

            _____

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 7, 2008
              Me too!
              And there will be a ball that evening. Maybe outside in a garden area
              that sounds lovely, or maybe inside a beautiful hall (no fugly
              gymnasium this year).

              It should be a lot of fun!

              On Wednesday, February 6, 2008, at 06:24 PM, Katriana wrote:

              > Always has been. I'll be playing.
              >
              > katriana
              >
              > mightypav@... wrote:
              > >

              > > If I show up will there be a music pit?
              > >
              > > Pav

            • Rowan
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 7, 2008
                Gee and we were just talking about this at QP.
                I have no idea what to teach this year - any requests?

                HL Rowan Houndskeeper

                From: "Lady Neathery of Safita" <nfuller@...>
                To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:12:00 -0000
                Subject: [CalontirDance] Dance Symposium!!!

                Don't forget that the next session of the Royal University will be the
                Bellewode Dance Heraldic RUSH April 19-20, 2007. It will be a great
                event so if any of you want to teach classes please submit them to the
                University!!!
                http://calontir-rush.org/test/courseinfo.htm

                I am looking forward to seeing you all there.

                YIS,
                HL Neathery of Safita
                Chancellor of the Royal University of Scir-Hafoc

              • 'Merry' Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
                  Will there be a dance list so that one might practice ahead of time?

                  Thanks.

                  Chris Lewis wrote:
                  > There is always a music pit for the ball in the evening. There is usually
                  > at least one classroom during the day where musicians can get together and
                  > play as well. At least there has been in years past. I will post to the
                  > Bellewode list to let them know that there is interest in that this year as
                  > well.
                  >

                  > -Roberto
                  >

                  > _____

                  // Merry

                  ----------
                  'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre

                • mightypav@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
                    Yarg!!!

                    That event is against March Warden in Grimfells. The Grimfells Music
                    Ensemble will be playing at March Warden.

                    Pav
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
                      Hey folks. Her Highness is keen to have dancing at Her Coronation. Hooray. Here's the set list she has chosen. Please come participate in Her Ascension to Queen of Calontir.

                      Carolingian PavanMy Lady CullenAnelloVillanellaHeralds in LoveBlack AlmanGracca AmorosaHeart's EaseHyde ParkPetit VriensBlack NagSellinger's RoundRoad to the IslesRosti Boli GioiosoPicking of SticksKorabushka

                      Take the same set list and add these two dances:
                      Saturday Night Sunday Morn
                      Confesse
                      and you have the set list for Lilies.

                      Happy practicing!

                    • Chris Lewis
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
                        In years past, the gang in Bellewode were kind enough to let whomever on
                        this list wanted to have part in the building of the dance list, create it -
                        so being on this list, if things go as they have in the past, you will see
                        the list before it is published.

                        Also, the classes tend to have some classes that will teach dances used for
                        the Ball.

                        _____

                        On Behalf Of 'Merry' Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
                        Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 11:44 AM
                        To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 11, 2008
                          In reality guys the ball in years past has been created on site either within a 'building a better ball' type class or during the dinner break. This has to do with the dance mistress (me) being rather overwhelmed this time of year. I also think it helps to see the method behind my madness now and then and I choose the symposium to show people how I do this.

                          This year I believe that I challenged some locals to come up with and run the ball this If the planners have questions I'd be happy to help.

                          Bellewode! It's in your court! Your event is 68 days away and the requests for your set list have begun.

                          Ready? Set? Go!