RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies War!

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 5, 2008
      Oooh Thanks Helena!

      I'll do a Cascarde class and a Balli class for sure. They'll have to be Thurs AM or later since I'm not getting to the war till Wednesday afternoon.

      Helena - how many class slots do you have to open right now?

      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: kell100312@...: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:23:45 -0800Subject: [CalontirDance] Lilies War!

      Greetings Dancers of Calontir!Tsire asked me I wouldn't mind compiling a list of dance classes for this years Lilies. Therefore, I need volunteers that are A) going to be at war this years, B) willing to teach and C) have ideas for classes they want to see (as I am far from an expert in the field of dance). Please let me know what you are excited in teaching and wanting to participate in. I can't wait to take the classes! Thanks. Helena Gewolf.---------------------------------Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • Debbie Sullentrup

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 7, 2008
          Cathus and I will be there and will teach - we just don't know what yet.
          Do we send the information only to you and you pass the whole lot onto RUSH
          or do you want us to send our information onto RUSH?

          HL Rowan Houndskeeper

          From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@...>
          To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 17:13:28 -0800 (PST)
          Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies War!

          Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote:
          Oooh Thanks Helena!

          I'll do a Cascarde class and a Balli class for sure. They'll have to be
          Thurs AM or later since I'm not getting to the war till Wednesday afternoon.

          Helena - how many class slots do you have to open right now?

          To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: kell100312@...: Mon, 4 Feb
          2008 19:23:45 -0800Subject: [CalontirDance] Lilies War!

          Greetings Dancers of Calontir!Tsire asked me I wouldn't mind compiling a
          list of dance classes for this years Lilies. Therefore, I need volunteers
          that are A) going to be at war this years, B) willing to teach and C) have
          ideas for classes they want to see (as I am far from an expert in the field
          of dance). Please let me know what you are excited in teaching and wanting
          to participate in. I can't wait to take the classes! Thanks. Helena
          Gewolf.---------------------------------Be a better friend, newshound, and
          know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.[Non-text portions of this
          message have been removed]

        • Chris Lewis
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 7, 2008
            My lady wife (Helena) is compiling the list, and will submit it to the RUSH
            schedule herself :-)

            Thanks for all of the help educating Dance, you guys rock.

            -Roberto

            _____

            Cathus and I will be there and will teach - we just don't know what yet.
            Do we send the information only to you and you pass the whole lot onto RUSH
            or do you want us to send our information onto RUSH?

            HL Rowan Houndskeeper
            Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
            rowan@french. <mailto:rowan%40french.toast.net> toast.net

            From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@yahoo. <mailto:kell100312%40yahoo.com>
            com>
            To: CalontirDance@ <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 17:13:28 -0800 (PST)

            Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@hotmail. <mailto:tsire%40hotmail.com> com> wrote:
            Oooh Thanks Helena!

            I'll do a Cascarde class and a Balli class for sure. They'll have to be
            Thurs AM or later since I'm not getting to the war till Wednesday afternoon.

            Helena - how many class slots do you have to open right now?

            To: CalontirDance@ <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.comFrom>
            yahoogroups.comFrom: kell100312@yahoo. <mailto:kell100312%40yahoo.comDate>
            comDate: Mon, 4 Feb

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 6, 2008
              Ok. I'm starting to get my act together for Lilies.
              How long and when are each of your 3 slots per day for dance classes? I'm
              assuming 1&1/2 - 2 hours, since RUSH classes are running 9-noon and 1-5, and
              in the past we have gotten 4-5 1hr slots. I think 11/2hr slots would be
              great cause it ensures that everyone gets to learn - not just review - the
              dances.

              Do we have the permanent pavillion for dance classes again? Have you
              sceduled it with both RUSH and the scedulear. I'm asking cause once of the
              other lists I'm on mentioned a roundtable/potluck at the permant pavillion
              starting at 3pm on Tuesday.

              Sign both me and Cathus up for teaching, we can teach nearly anything. How
              is your dance classes list coming? What else do you need? When and what do
              you need taught? Since the ball is Wed I assume you want classes before Wed
              to concentrate on dances in the ball.

              HL Rowan Houndskeeper

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
                Greetings Rowan and the dancers of Calontir!
                I wanted to apologize for my tardiness in responding. We could still use everyone to teach everything. The only claimed classes are Cascarde class and a Balli class one on Thursday morning and one on Friday. I have a class in mind for English country dance, but i will need to see if I can borrow the teacher as his services might be consumed for much of war. Right now, the classes are set up to be one hour blocks, but don't see any problems making classes longer as need be. Just let me know what you want to see, when and how long so that I can get it into the schedule.
                We also need review classes on Wednesday for the Ball. The dance list is:

                Carolingian PavanMy Lady CullenAnelloVillane llaHeralds in LoveBlack AlmanGracca AmorosaHeart' s EaseHyde ParkPetit VriensBlack NagSellinger' s RoundRoad to the IslesRosti Boli GioiosoPicking of SticksKorabushka Saturday Night Sunday Morn
                Confesse

                Please feel free to let me know what you want to teach, as well as what you would like to see taught. I am really excited about Liles! My goal is to have the dance schedule set by the ball at the Dance Symposioum the in Bellewode (19th of April) as the information needs to go to RUSH soon after that weekend.

                Thanks to all!

                Helena Gewolf.

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 26, 2008
                  OK
                  We have the following classes for you to add the the Lillies RUSH dance
                  schedule.
                  Lady Arina will teach English Country for 3 Couples (Black Nag, Jenny Pluck
                  Pears, Grimstock)
                  HL Cathus will teach New English Country
                  HL Cathus will teach Bassa
                  HL Rowan will teach English Country Square Dancing (Hearts Ease, Ruffty Tuffty, Hyde Park)
                  HL Rowan will teach Lilies Ball Review (on Wed)
                  HL Rowan will teach The Odd Italians (Italian dances with odd numbers or gender disparity in
                  the dancers)

                  HL Rowan Houndskeeper

                  From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@...>

                  To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

                  Cc: pretzelbear@...

                  From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@...>

                  To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

                  Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:23:45 -0800 (PST)

                  Greetings Dancers of Calontir!

                  Tsire asked me I wouldn't mind compiling a list of dance classes for

                  this years Lilies. Therefore, I need volunteers that are A) going to be at

                  war this years, B) willing to teach and C) have ideas for classes they want

                  to see (as I am far from an expert in the field of dance). Please let me

                  know what you are excited in teaching and wanting to participate in. I

                  can't wait to take the classes! Thanks. Helena Gewolf.

                  Individual Email | Traditional

                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                  mailto:CalontirDance-digest@yahoogroups.com

                  mailto:CalontirDance-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ [http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/%5d
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 27, 2008
                    Is anyone planning on going to terp this weekend?

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 27, 2008
                      I want to but I'm overcommitted here at home once again. This is just a crappy time of year for me life-wise and I feel like I'll never get to make the trip.

                      Tsire

                      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: sauerm@...: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:38:49 -0500Subject: [CalontirDance] Terp?

                      Is anyone planning on going to terp this weekend?Conrad[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                    • Katriana
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 28, 2008
                        Sauer, Michael F. wrote:

                        > Is anyone planning on going to terp this weekend?
                        >
                        > Conrad

                        Got to get Emily off to an ACT training class tomorrow morning. I'm
                        hoping when she starts college I'll have more time :-) but right now
                        I've got to do the mom thing.