Lilies War!

  • Debbie Sullentrup
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
      Greetings Dancers of Calontir!
      Tsire asked me I wouldn't mind compiling a list of dance classes for this years Lilies. Therefore, I need volunteers that are A) going to be at war this years, B) willing to teach and C) have ideas for classes they want to see (as I am far from an expert in the field of dance). Please let me know what you are excited in teaching and wanting to participate in. I can't wait to take the classes! Thanks. Helena Gewolf.

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 5, 2008
        Oooh Thanks Helena!

        I'll do a Cascarde class and a Balli class for sure. They'll have to be Thurs AM or later since I'm not getting to the war till Wednesday afternoon.

        Helena - how many class slots do you have to open right now?

        To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: kell100312@...: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:23:45 -0800Subject: [CalontirDance] Lilies War!

        Greetings Dancers of Calontir!Tsire asked me I wouldn't mind compiling a list of dance classes for this years Lilies. Therefore, I need volunteers that are A) going to be at war this years, B) willing to teach and C) have ideas for classes they want to see (as I am far from an expert in the field of dance). Please let me know what you are excited in teaching and wanting to participate in. I can't wait to take the classes! Thanks. Helena Gewolf.---------------------------------Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      • Debbie Sullentrup

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 7, 2008
            Cathus and I will be there and will teach - we just don't know what yet.
            Do we send the information only to you and you pass the whole lot onto RUSH
            or do you want us to send our information onto RUSH?

            HL Rowan Houndskeeper

            From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@...>
            To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 17:13:28 -0800 (PST)
            Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies War!

            Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote:
            Oooh Thanks Helena!

            I'll do a Cascarde class and a Balli class for sure. They'll have to be
            Thurs AM or later since I'm not getting to the war till Wednesday afternoon.

            Helena - how many class slots do you have to open right now?

            To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: kell100312@...: Mon, 4 Feb
            2008 19:23:45 -0800Subject: [CalontirDance] Lilies War!

            Greetings Dancers of Calontir!Tsire asked me I wouldn't mind compiling a
            list of dance classes for this years Lilies. Therefore, I need volunteers
            that are A) going to be at war this years, B) willing to teach and C) have
            ideas for classes they want to see (as I am far from an expert in the field
            of dance). Please let me know what you are excited in teaching and wanting
            to participate in. I can't wait to take the classes! Thanks. Helena
            Gewolf.---------------------------------Be a better friend, newshound, and
            know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.[Non-text portions of this
            message have been removed]

          • Chris Lewis
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 7, 2008
              My lady wife (Helena) is compiling the list, and will submit it to the RUSH
              schedule herself :-)

              Thanks for all of the help educating Dance, you guys rock.

              -Roberto

              _____

              Cathus and I will be there and will teach - we just don't know what yet.
              Do we send the information only to you and you pass the whole lot onto RUSH
              or do you want us to send our information onto RUSH?

              HL Rowan Houndskeeper
              Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
              rowan@french. <mailto:rowan%40french.toast.net> toast.net

              From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@yahoo. <mailto:kell100312%40yahoo.com>
              com>
              To: CalontirDance@ <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 17:13:28 -0800 (PST)

              Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@hotmail. <mailto:tsire%40hotmail.com> com> wrote:
              Oooh Thanks Helena!

              I'll do a Cascarde class and a Balli class for sure. They'll have to be
              Thurs AM or later since I'm not getting to the war till Wednesday afternoon.

              Helena - how many class slots do you have to open right now?

              To: CalontirDance@ <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.comFrom>
              yahoogroups.comFrom: kell100312@yahoo. <mailto:kell100312%40yahoo.comDate>
              comDate: Mon, 4 Feb

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 6, 2008
                Ok. I'm starting to get my act together for Lilies.
                How long and when are each of your 3 slots per day for dance classes? I'm
                assuming 1&1/2 - 2 hours, since RUSH classes are running 9-noon and 1-5, and
                in the past we have gotten 4-5 1hr slots. I think 11/2hr slots would be
                great cause it ensures that everyone gets to learn - not just review - the
                dances.

                Do we have the permanent pavillion for dance classes again? Have you
                sceduled it with both RUSH and the scedulear. I'm asking cause once of the
                other lists I'm on mentioned a roundtable/potluck at the permant pavillion
                starting at 3pm on Tuesday.

                Sign both me and Cathus up for teaching, we can teach nearly anything. How
                is your dance classes list coming? What else do you need? When and what do
                you need taught? Since the ball is Wed I assume you want classes before Wed
                to concentrate on dances in the ball.

                HL Rowan Houndskeeper

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
                  Greetings Rowan and the dancers of Calontir!
                  I wanted to apologize for my tardiness in responding. We could still use everyone to teach everything. The only claimed classes are Cascarde class and a Balli class one on Thursday morning and one on Friday. I have a class in mind for English country dance, but i will need to see if I can borrow the teacher as his services might be consumed for much of war. Right now, the classes are set up to be one hour blocks, but don't see any problems making classes longer as need be. Just let me know what you want to see, when and how long so that I can get it into the schedule.
                  We also need review classes on Wednesday for the Ball. The dance list is:

                  Carolingian PavanMy Lady CullenAnelloVillane llaHeralds in LoveBlack AlmanGracca AmorosaHeart' s EaseHyde ParkPetit VriensBlack NagSellinger' s RoundRoad to the IslesRosti Boli GioiosoPicking of SticksKorabushka Saturday Night Sunday Morn
                  Confesse

                  Please feel free to let me know what you want to teach, as well as what you would like to see taught. I am really excited about Liles! My goal is to have the dance schedule set by the ball at the Dance Symposioum the in Bellewode (19th of April) as the information needs to go to RUSH soon after that weekend.

                  Thanks to all!

                  Helena Gewolf.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 26, 2008
                    OK
                    We have the following classes for you to add the the Lillies RUSH dance
                    schedule.
                    Lady Arina will teach English Country for 3 Couples (Black Nag, Jenny Pluck
                    Pears, Grimstock)
                    HL Cathus will teach New English Country
                    HL Cathus will teach Bassa
                    HL Rowan will teach English Country Square Dancing (Hearts Ease, Ruffty Tuffty, Hyde Park)
                    HL Rowan will teach Lilies Ball Review (on Wed)
                    HL Rowan will teach The Odd Italians (Italian dances with odd numbers or gender disparity in
                    the dancers)

                    HL Rowan Houndskeeper

                    From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@...>

                    To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

                    Cc: pretzelbear@...

                    From: Debbie Sullentrup <kell100312@...>

                    To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

                    Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:23:45 -0800 (PST)

                    Greetings Dancers of Calontir!

                    Tsire asked me I wouldn't mind compiling a list of dance classes for

                    this years Lilies. Therefore, I need volunteers that are A) going to be at

                    war this years, B) willing to teach and C) have ideas for classes they want

                    to see (as I am far from an expert in the field of dance). Please let me

                    know what you are excited in teaching and wanting to participate in. I

                    can't wait to take the classes! Thanks. Helena Gewolf.

                    Individual Email | Traditional

                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                    mailto:CalontirDance-digest@yahoogroups.com

                    mailto:CalontirDance-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ [http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/%5d
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 27, 2008
                      Is anyone planning on going to terp this weekend?

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 27, 2008
                        I want to but I'm overcommitted here at home once again. This is just a crappy time of year for me life-wise and I feel like I'll never get to make the trip.

                        Tsire

                        To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: sauerm@...: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:38:49 -0500Subject: [CalontirDance] Terp?

                        Is anyone planning on going to terp this weekend?Conrad[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                      • Katriana
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 28, 2008
                          Sauer, Michael F. wrote:

                          > Is anyone planning on going to terp this weekend?
                          >
                          > Conrad

                          Got to get Emily off to an ACT training class tomorrow morning. I'm
                          hoping when she starts college I'll have more time :-) but right now
                          I've got to do the mom thing.