RE: [CalontirDance] RUSH

  • Katriana
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2000
      >How about Ballo del Fiore?
      This and Candlestick bransle are similar dances and the music is similar
      too. Yep, I can play it (and take brief naps while playing for large
      groups) :)

      >Even in 4 hours I can't imagine well get through all the Ball dances let
      >alone most of the requests :)
      Nope, that's why I thought we'd group them by types. If people do a group
      of branles, they will at least walk out with the knowledge that branles are
      simple dances, usually in a circle with double and single left and rights.
      Same principle with Elizabethan-style English Country.

      >Enclosed is a general Intro/Background class I've worked up.
      >I taught a quick 1 hour version at a Stevens College dance history class.
      >Its more of an overview of the various times and styles with a little less
      >emphasis on actual dancing than I normally do. Its a html file.

      And most of the big objections I hear is that I talk more than people
      expect. I used to try to have a theory class, then a lab class, but even
      that confused people.

      We should probably get the paperwork for our respective classes as link
      to's from your European Dance page off the main Calontir webpage.