RE: [CalontirDance] Kemps Jeg

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 24, 2007
      I won't hit you with Kemp's tonight because I'm not satisfied with the reconstruction yet. We're still doing the group kibbutz-what-if-a-thon on it. Once it settles down into and becomes smooth, I'll be sure to include it in my English for 6 classes.

      I'm not sure if I'm the one who said that about Hole in the Wall since I usually treat that dance like a plague infested commoner. But I could take a look at it for laughs.

      TsireTo: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: Merry@...: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:40:21 -0500Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Kemps Jeg

      That'd be great. Will you be teaching this one tonight?I think there was a time that you said you could demonstrate how the lyric I just included really does fit the meter of Hole in the Wall :) I'm still hoping to hear it done as thought I think I've come close a few times, I never can get through it w/o having to cram a syllable or two here and there.Thanks!

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 5, 2008
        <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=141657/grpspId=1705126283/ms
        gId=889/stime=1190573494/nc1=3848627/nc2=4025291/nc3=4725795> I had a
        spontaneous brainstorm about "and his own as much with the other"
        phrase.

        What if the 3 active people do a half circle (just as its being done) -
        but in 4 not 8; then the 2 active ladies
        do another half turn with the next 4. Then the active lord does his
        normal turn with the inactive lady in 8.

        This gets all the ladies back to their start position.

        just a random thought

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 13, 2008
          On behalf of Emelye is this missive made:

          Calling all musicians!If you are interested in playing at the Coronation Ball (3/22/08 - Carthage, MO) in honor of Her Royal Highness Isabeau, please email me and I will email you a copy of the music. Thanks. Lady Emelye Tayteboltb4@...
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 19, 2008
            If you agreed to dance with HRH into court this weekend please remember that we will be meeting at 8:30 am to review and prep. Please be on site and ready to spend 15-20 minutes on this at that time. I appreciate it greatly.

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 20, 2008
              Does that mean the musicians can skive off and sleep in?

              Poor dancers.

              Tsire Tuzevo wrote:
              > If you agreed to dance with HRH into court this weekend please remember that we will be meeting at 8:30 am to review and prep. Please be on site and ready to spend 15-20 minutes on this at that time. I appreciate it greatly.

              // Merry

              ----------
              'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 21, 2008
                Merry,

                I don't know what the plan is for the musicians. While I believe that all those involved in morning court have some sort of early AM meeting, I am only responsible for the dancing contingent and don't have firm info on anyone else.

                Are you planning on playing for the ball?
                Tsire

                To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: Merry@...: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 00:36:07 -0500Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Coronation Dancers

                Does that mean the musicians can skive off and sleep in?Poor dancers.Tsire Tuzevo wrote:> If you agreed to dance with HRH into court this weekend please remember that we will be meeting at 8:30 am to review and prep. Please be on site and ready to spend 15-20 minutes on this at that time. I appreciate it greatly. > > Tsire> > > __________________________________________________________> Do more with your photos with Windows Live Photo Gallery.> http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_photos_022008>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>> ------------------------------------>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>> -- // Merry----------'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder LutreShire of Standing Stones; Formerly: Philippe Sebastian LeLutreChristian M. Cepel --- 573.999.2370 --- Columbia, MOhttp://Thistledowne.org/ http://ShireOfStandingStones.org/ICQ:12384980 YIM/AOL:Bramblethorne MSN:Merry@ShireOfS.....'Toirdhealbhach' anglicized Tirloughe (1576), modernly 'Turlough',pronounced 'TIR' or 'TUR' + 'low', 'logh', 'lock', or 'loch'

              • Conna
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 21, 2008
                  Just to clarify, court music will be handled by a small group of
                  musicians, just to save on space (and sanity). This group is already
                  organized and ready to go, and Emelye will be leading us.

                  The ball in the evening will have an open pit, and all musicians are
                  welcome. It should be a party!

                  Hope to see everyone at the ball!
                  Conna

                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 21, 2008
                    I've been practicing the set list, but don't know that I have everything
                    up to speed, but I'd like to join in where I am able.

                    Out of curiosity, when is the ball 'slated' to be? At their pleasure
                    I'm certain, but is it before evening court, after/before feast, after
                    feast? My wife and I didn't find out we were going to be able to make
                    it until late and so missed the chance to buy feast... also, all the
                    dishes have gluten and my wife has celiac disease, so we may sneak away
                    and have dinner with a couple of friends in town, if we can do that and
                    not miss the ball.

                    Anyone know of good Japanese in Joplin?

                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 21, 2008
                      No idea of food in Carthage or Joplin but I do know that the ball is slated for 'after feast' I won't be feasting either but will be MC-ing the ball. I hope, once on site, to get in touch with the feast steward and figure out the timing of all of that stuff.

                      Tsire

                      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: Merry@...: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:21:51 -0500Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Coronation Dancers

                      I've been practicing the set list, but don't know that I have everything up to speed, but I'd like to join in where I am able.Out of curiosity, when is the ball 'slated' to be? At their pleasure I'm certain, but is it before evening court, after/before feast, after feast? My wife and I didn't find out we were going to be able to make it until late and so missed the chance to buy feast... also, all the dishes have gluten and my wife has celiac disease, so we may sneak away and have dinner with a couple of friends in town, if we can do that and not miss the ball.Anyone know of good Japanese in Joplin?Tsire Tuzevo wrote:> Merry,> > I don't know what the plan is for the musicians. While I believe that all those involved in morning court have some sort of early AM meeting, I am only responsible for the dancing contingent and don't have firm info on anyone else. > > Are you planning on playing for the ball?> Tsire>>> To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: Merry@...: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 00:36:07 -0500Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Coronation Dancers>>>>> Does that mean the musicians can skive off and sleep in?Poor dancers.Tsire Tuzevo wrote:> If you agreed to dance with HRH into court this weekend please remember that we will be meeting at 8:30 am to review and prep. Please be on site and ready to spend 15-20 minutes on this at that time. I appreciate it greatly. > > Tsire> > > __________________________________________________________> Do more with your photos with Windows Live Photo Gallery.> http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_photos_022008>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>> ------------------------------------>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>> -- // Merry----------'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder LutreShire of Standing Stones; Formerly: Philippe Sebastian LeLutreChristian M. Cepel --- 573.999.2370 --- Columbia, MOhttp://Thistledowne.org/ http://ShireOfStandingStones.org/ICQ:12384980 YIM/AOL:Bramblethorne MSN:Merry@ShireOfS.....'Toirdhealbhach' anglicized Tirloughe (1576), modernly 'Turlough',pronounced 'TIR' or 'TUR' + 'low', 'logh', 'lock', or 'loch' >>>>>>> __________________________________________________________> Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes.> http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/ZuneADay/?locale=en-US&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Mobile_Zune_V3>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>> ------------------------------------>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>> -- // Merry----------'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder LutreShire of Standing Stones; Formerly: Philippe Sebastian LeLutreChristian M. Cepel --- 573.999.2370 --- Columbia, MOhttp://Thistledowne.org/ http://ShireOfStandingStones.org/ICQ:12384980 YIM/AOL:Bramblethorne MSN:Merry@ShireOfS.....'Toirdhealbhach' anglicized Tirloughe (1576), modernly 'Turlough',pronounced 'TIR' or 'TUR' + 'low', 'logh', 'lock', or 'loch'