Re: [CalontirDance] Kemps Jeg

  • 'Merry' Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 24, 2007
      That'd be great. Will you be teaching this one tonight?

      I think there was a time that you said you could demonstrate how the
      lyric I just included really does fit the meter of Hole in the Wall :)
      I'm still hoping to hear it done as thought I think I've come close a
      few times, I never can get through it w/o having to cram a syllable or
      two here and there.

      Thanks!

      Tsire Tuzevo wrote:

> [...]
      > less clear, it think we almost got it right.>> (8) First man lead the
      > women as before - to me this sounds like the > full up and back twice
      > from the first verse> (4) Turn half around, holding both hands, and
      > with his own as much to > the other - this is not very clear. The>
      > 'and with his own as much to the other' to me implies 2 moves. At >
      > first I thought about two hand half turns first with> partner then
      > woman 2. But a half turn with his partner does not put > the man in a
      > position to half turn woman 2.> The other possibility that comes to
      > mind is 2 half turns in a circle, > each taking 2 measures. This
      > leaves both> ladies in their original positions and the first man
      > facing the third > lady for he turn. Again the 'and with his own> as
      > much to the other' phrase seem to indicate first you circle to the >
      > right then to the left (i.e. toward your own, then> to the other.)
      > Though this really doesn't matter.>> (4) Turn the third woman - just
      > like the first verse> (32) Do thus all to the rest following> (96) and
      > doing the like>> Verse 3>> This was essentially completely correct. I
      > very much like giving the > women the option of which way to turn and
      > Tsire's suggestion that the > women place their outside hand on their
      > outside hip and the man's > hands cross behind the women.>> (4) First
      > man take the Women as before by the contrary hands behind, > then lead
      > them forwards and back. - if we take this as just a single > up and
      > back this leaves 12 counts for the rest> (4) Pull one half about and
      > kiss her - this sounds like the woman > doing a half turn than a
      > quarter, and ending up close to directly in > front of the active
      > man>> W2 M1 W1>> W1> W2 M1>> Its would also mean that if the woman
      > wants to turn the other way the > turn would be the same distance {in
      > keeping with the pattern of the> other verses I would suggest the man
      > should turn his partner first}> (4) as much with the other woman> (4)
      > turn the third>> This might make the half turn and kiss a bit long
      > (each as long as a > double up and back).> An alternative to this
      > might be>> (8) Double up and back twice (just like in the other
      > verses)> (2) Pull one half about and kiss her> (2) as much with the
      > other woman> (4) turn the third>> This gives a completely parallel
      > structure to the 3 verses and not > having a very lingering kiss
      > phrase>> Those are my thoughts so have at it :)>> Conrad>> [Non-text
      > portions of this message have been removed]>> -- //
      > Merry----------"Merry" Tirloghe Mirywoder LutreShire of Standing
      > Stones, University of Missouri at ColumbiaFormerly known as Philippe
      > Sebastian LeLutreMundanely known as Christian M.
      > Cepelhttp://Thistledowne.org/ <Cepelhttp://Thistledowne.org/>
      > http://ShireOfStandingStones.org/
      > <http://ShireOfStandingStones.org/>'Toirdhealbhach' anglicized
      > Tirloughe (1576), modernly 'Turlough',pronounced 'TIR' or 'TUR' +
      > 'low', 'logh', 'lock', or 'loch'[Non-text portions of this message

      // Merry

      ----------

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 24, 2007
        I won't hit you with Kemp's tonight because I'm not satisfied with the reconstruction yet. We're still doing the group kibbutz-what-if-a-thon on it. Once it settles down into and becomes smooth, I'll be sure to include it in my English for 6 classes.

        I'm not sure if I'm the one who said that about Hole in the Wall since I usually treat that dance like a plague infested commoner. But I could take a look at it for laughs.

        TsireTo: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: Merry@...: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:40:21 -0500Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Kemps Jeg

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 5 8:59 AM
          <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=141657/grpspId=1705126283/ms
          gId=889/stime=1190573494/nc1=3848627/nc2=4025291/nc3=4725795> I had a
          spontaneous brainstorm about "and his own as much with the other"
          phrase.

          What if the 3 active people do a half circle (just as its being done) -
          but in 4 not 8; then the 2 active ladies
          do another half turn with the next 4. Then the active lord does his
          normal turn with the inactive lady in 8.

          This gets all the ladies back to their start position.

          just a random thought

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 13 5:52 AM
            On behalf of Emelye is this missive made:

            Calling all musicians!If you are interested in playing at the Coronation Ball (3/22/08 - Carthage, MO) in honor of Her Royal Highness Isabeau, please email me and I will email you a copy of the music. Thanks. Lady Emelye Tayteboltb4@...
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 19, 2008
              If you agreed to dance with HRH into court this weekend please remember that we will be meeting at 8:30 am to review and prep. Please be on site and ready to spend 15-20 minutes on this at that time. I appreciate it greatly.

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 20, 2008
                Does that mean the musicians can skive off and sleep in?

                Poor dancers.

                Tsire Tuzevo wrote:
                > If you agreed to dance with HRH into court this weekend please remember that we will be meeting at 8:30 am to review and prep. Please be on site and ready to spend 15-20 minutes on this at that time. I appreciate it greatly.

                // Merry

                ----------
                'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 21, 2008
                  Merry,

                  I don't know what the plan is for the musicians. While I believe that all those involved in morning court have some sort of early AM meeting, I am only responsible for the dancing contingent and don't have firm info on anyone else.

                  Are you planning on playing for the ball?
                  Tsire

                  To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: Merry@...: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 00:36:07 -0500Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Coronation Dancers

                  Does that mean the musicians can skive off and sleep in?Poor dancers.Tsire Tuzevo wrote:> If you agreed to dance with HRH into court this weekend please remember that we will be meeting at 8:30 am to review and prep. Please be on site and ready to spend 15-20 minutes on this at that time. I appreciate it greatly. > > Tsire> > > __________________________________________________________> Do more with your photos with Windows Live Photo Gallery.> http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_photos_022008>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>> ------------------------------------>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>> -- // Merry----------'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder LutreShire of Standing Stones; Formerly: Philippe Sebastian LeLutreChristian M. Cepel --- 573.999.2370 --- Columbia, MOhttp://Thistledowne.org/ http://ShireOfStandingStones.org/ICQ:12384980 YIM/AOL:Bramblethorne MSN:Merry@ShireOfS.....'Toirdhealbhach' anglicized Tirloughe (1576), modernly 'Turlough',pronounced 'TIR' or 'TUR' + 'low', 'logh', 'lock', or 'loch'

                • Conna
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 21, 2008
                    Just to clarify, court music will be handled by a small group of
                    musicians, just to save on space (and sanity). This group is already
                    organized and ready to go, and Emelye will be leading us.

                    The ball in the evening will have an open pit, and all musicians are
                    welcome. It should be a party!

                    Hope to see everyone at the ball!
                    Conna

                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 21, 2008
                      I've been practicing the set list, but don't know that I have everything
                      up to speed, but I'd like to join in where I am able.

                      Out of curiosity, when is the ball 'slated' to be? At their pleasure
                      I'm certain, but is it before evening court, after/before feast, after
                      feast? My wife and I didn't find out we were going to be able to make
                      it until late and so missed the chance to buy feast... also, all the
                      dishes have gluten and my wife has celiac disease, so we may sneak away
                      and have dinner with a couple of friends in town, if we can do that and
                      not miss the ball.

                      Anyone know of good Japanese in Joplin?

                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 21, 2008
                        No idea of food in Carthage or Joplin but I do know that the ball is slated for 'after feast' I won't be feasting either but will be MC-ing the ball. I hope, once on site, to get in touch with the feast steward and figure out the timing of all of that stuff.

                        Tsire

                        To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: Merry@...: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:21:51 -0500Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Coronation Dancers

                        I've been practicing the set list, but don't know that I have everything up to speed, but I'd like to join in where I am able.Out of curiosity, when is the ball 'slated' to be? At their pleasure I'm certain, but is it before evening court, after/before feast, after feast? My wife and I didn't find out we were going to be able to make it until late and so missed the chance to buy feast... also, all the dishes have gluten and my wife has celiac disease, so we may sneak away and have dinner with a couple of friends in town, if we can do that and not miss the ball.Anyone know of good Japanese in Joplin?Tsire Tuzevo wrote:> Merry,> > I don't know what the plan is for the musicians. While I believe that all those involved in morning court have some sort of early AM meeting, I am only responsible for the dancing contingent and don't have firm info on anyone else. > > Are you planning on playing for the ball?> Tsire>>> To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: Merry@...: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 00:36:07 -0500Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Coronation Dancers>>>>> Does that mean the musicians can skive off and sleep in?Poor dancers.Tsire Tuzevo wrote:> If you agreed to dance with HRH into court this weekend please remember that we will be meeting at 8:30 am to review and prep. Please be on site and ready to spend 15-20 minutes on this at that time. I appreciate it greatly. > > Tsire> > > __________________________________________________________> Do more with your photos with Windows Live Photo Gallery.> http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_photos_022008>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>> ------------------------------------>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>> -- // Merry----------'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder LutreShire of Standing Stones; Formerly: Philippe Sebastian LeLutreChristian M. Cepel --- 573.999.2370 --- Columbia, MOhttp://Thistledowne.org/ http://ShireOfStandingStones.org/ICQ:12384980 YIM/AOL:Bramblethorne MSN:Merry@ShireOfS.....'Toirdhealbhach' anglicized Tirloughe (1576), modernly 'Turlough',pronounced 'TIR' or 'TUR' + 'low', 'logh', 'lock', or 'loch' >>>>>>> __________________________________________________________> Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes.> http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/ZuneADay/?locale=en-US&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Mobile_Zune_V3>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>> ------------------------------------>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>> -- // Merry----------'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder LutreShire of Standing Stones; Formerly: Philippe Sebastian LeLutreChristian M. Cepel --- 573.999.2370 --- Columbia, MOhttp://Thistledowne.org/ http://ShireOfStandingStones.org/ICQ:12384980 YIM/AOL:Bramblethorne MSN:Merry@ShireOfS.....'Toirdhealbhach' anglicized Tirloughe (1576), modernly 'Turlough',pronounced 'TIR' or 'TUR' + 'low', 'logh', 'lock', or 'loch'