possible dance tunes

  • Katriana
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 11:48 AM
      Hi there,

      I've been getting the music together for Lilies and have a small problem
      (so far)

      Ive got two versions of some tunes and need input. I don't have access to
      other musicians to hear these and am notoriously bad at "sizing up"
      difficulty and quality by sight (hence my phrase "sure, I can play that)

      Horses Branle, I've got by Monica Cellio (Ellisif) and Al Cofrin (Avatar)

      Gathering Peascods I've got by Robert Stockton and Al Cofrin

      Rufty Tufty I've got by Katherin Van Stone and Al Cofrin

      Rostiboli Gioioso I've got by Ellisif and Avatar (both versions are two pages)

      Anybody got favorites? Conna, I'm especially curious about what you think.

      I'm leaning towards using Avatar's arrangements, seems to me the fewers
      "style" changes (including in typeface) the better for "bandstand" music.
      I'm using Avatar's arrangments of other things as well, so these aren't the
      only pieces of his.

      katriana
      more to come...