RE: [CalontirDance] RUSH

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2000
      > Sorry, I would happily help out, but Oakheart is a bit far
      > south for a
      > daytrip.
      > When is the latest we can sign up to teach at Lilies, though
      > (I don't know my
      > schedule yet and am likely not to know it until the last
      > minute, but I'd
      > *love*
      > to teach).
      >
      > Katherine
      > College of NoMountain

      Katherine

      There are 8 2 hour classes scheduled for Lilies (Monday through Thursday
      10 AM till Noon and 1 to 3 PM). We've already got the time and space
      reserved.
      I asked Sajhar and she said the RUSH book will printed with the schedule as
      of
      Crown (May 27) so there is still some time to match teachers to subject to
      times.

      So far I have 3 firm classes and 2 tentative ones. SO I'm still looking for
      at least 3 more teachers (or at least classes)

      So far
      1 Review for the ball
      2 Intermediate ECD
      3 General multi style intro to dance

      t1 Survey of Itialian dance
      t2 beginning ECD

      Anyone else want to teach at lilies.
      If we get enough we could expland classes to the first sunday or maybe
      even first saturday. Also there could be classes on the last friday and
      saturday
      if we want.

      Conrad
    • Katriana
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2000
        OK, (finally) got an email confirming when I'm (or someone's) teaching

        2 classes of Introduction to dance
        9:00 and 10:00.
        4 classes of General instruction for Lilies dancing
        1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and 4:00.

        I would love some help with Intro to dance, I talk a whole bunch and go
        over some basic dances from the genre's I know. If someone could lead the
        dancing, I could play the music. Which works better for many reasons, not
        the least of which is my lack of tapes and recording equipment (gee,
        imagine that)
        just realized I have no Allemandes on the list. Black is the only one I
        really know the steps to.

        Carolingians
        Petit Riense
        Rostiboli Gioioso
        Branle Suite
        Double (common) Branle
        Single Branle
        Gay Branle
        Burgundian Branle
        Official Branle
        Washerwoman's Branle
        Charlotte
        SCA Maltese Branle
        Calontir Branle
        Gathering Peascods
        Black Nag
        New Boe Peep

        I need to make a list of what dances will be taught when in the afternoon.
        General guidelines are better than nothing. In hour long blocks, how does:

        1:00 Arbeau - French Renaissance, Branles and Pavans

        2:00 Italian and Allemandes (Gresley too if someone can teach)

        3:00 English Country

        4:00 More English Country, Quen Quer Que if Conrad is there to teach,
        anything left (and believe me, we can't fit everything in. All we can
        really hope to do for most is introduce the styles and get people
        comfortable with trying)

        Conrad, the only dances I'm not comfortable playing:
        Whirligig - I can play until the dancing's done, but the music is weird and
        I've never been able to watch the dance and figure out what's going on
        Angus Reel - I don't have music, and have never heard it.
        Mertiritza - same here. I understand from someone on the folkdance
        newsgroup that it's Greek?
        Ivy Allemande - ???Music???
        L'Escargot and tangle bransle just go to music the musicians can stand as I
        understand it (and are darn near the same dance?)
        Il Piantone also goes to anything.
        I've got music for Ly Ben Distonys and Pizocara but we should make sure the
        repeats are the same as what we'll do at Lilies (I've played them with
        different repeats)