RE: [CalontirDance] RUSH

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2000
      > Hellooo!!!!
      >
      > Anybody there?
      >
      > Is ANYBODY else going to RUSH this weekend?
      >
      > Not that I mind teaching dance for 5-6 hours straight in the afternoon
      > (after teaching in the morning) but I have to read scripture
      > on Sunday on
      > local television!
      >
      > And I usually get a pretty good turnout for dance classes in
      > that area.
      >
      > katriana

      Yes I will be there, I was mostly seeing if there would be anyone else.

      I've been working up stuff for local classes for the ball.

      Which of the ball dances do you feel you can play music for?

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2000
        > Sorry, I would happily help out, but Oakheart is a bit far
        > south for a
        > daytrip.
        > When is the latest we can sign up to teach at Lilies, though
        > (I don't know my
        > schedule yet and am likely not to know it until the last
        > minute, but I'd
        > *love*
        > to teach).
        >
        > Katherine
        > College of NoMountain

        Katherine

        There are 8 2 hour classes scheduled for Lilies (Monday through Thursday
        10 AM till Noon and 1 to 3 PM). We've already got the time and space
        reserved.
        I asked Sajhar and she said the RUSH book will printed with the schedule as
        of
        Crown (May 27) so there is still some time to match teachers to subject to
        times.

        So far I have 3 firm classes and 2 tentative ones. SO I'm still looking for
        at least 3 more teachers (or at least classes)

        So far
        1 Review for the ball
        2 Intermediate ECD
        3 General multi style intro to dance

        t1 Survey of Itialian dance
        t2 beginning ECD

        Anyone else want to teach at lilies.
        If we get enough we could expland classes to the first sunday or maybe
        even first saturday. Also there could be classes on the last friday and
        saturday
        if we want.

        Conrad
      • Katriana
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2000
          OK, (finally) got an email confirming when I'm (or someone's) teaching

          2 classes of Introduction to dance
          9:00 and 10:00.
          4 classes of General instruction for Lilies dancing
          1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and 4:00.

          I would love some help with Intro to dance, I talk a whole bunch and go
          over some basic dances from the genre's I know. If someone could lead the
          dancing, I could play the music. Which works better for many reasons, not
          the least of which is my lack of tapes and recording equipment (gee,
          imagine that)
          just realized I have no Allemandes on the list. Black is the only one I
          really know the steps to.

          Carolingians
          Petit Riense
          Rostiboli Gioioso
          Branle Suite
          Double (common) Branle
          Single Branle
          Gay Branle
          Burgundian Branle
          Official Branle
          Washerwoman's Branle
          Charlotte
          SCA Maltese Branle
          Calontir Branle
          Gathering Peascods
          Black Nag
          New Boe Peep

          I need to make a list of what dances will be taught when in the afternoon.
          General guidelines are better than nothing. In hour long blocks, how does:

          1:00 Arbeau - French Renaissance, Branles and Pavans

          2:00 Italian and Allemandes (Gresley too if someone can teach)

          3:00 English Country

          4:00 More English Country, Quen Quer Que if Conrad is there to teach,
          anything left (and believe me, we can't fit everything in. All we can
          really hope to do for most is introduce the styles and get people
          comfortable with trying)

          Conrad, the only dances I'm not comfortable playing:
          Whirligig - I can play until the dancing's done, but the music is weird and
          I've never been able to watch the dance and figure out what's going on
          Angus Reel - I don't have music, and have never heard it.
          Mertiritza - same here. I understand from someone on the folkdance
          newsgroup that it's Greek?
          Ivy Allemande - ???Music???
          L'Escargot and tangle bransle just go to music the musicians can stand as I
          understand it (and are darn near the same dance?)
          Il Piantone also goes to anything.
          I've got music for Ly Ben Distonys and Pizocara but we should make sure the
          repeats are the same as what we'll do at Lilies (I've played them with
          different repeats)