Re: [CalontirDance] Re: Chieftains

  • Rowan
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 27, 2007
      And thank you for playing from your audience too. Sitting listening to you
      all play allowed me to actually sit and relax and not feel guilty for not
      running off to find something else to help with or do.

      Lady Rowan Houndskeeper

      "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
      dark to read." - Groucho Marx

      On 2/25/07 8:35 PM, "Paul A. Byers" <mightypav@...> wrote:

      > I just want to thank everyone who came and played in the music pit with me
      > this weekend at Chieftains. I counted 9 of us! Mistress Conna, you were
      > wonderful as always. I hope to introduce a few of the new, to me, pieces
      > we played to my local music group. I was very impressed with the two
      young
      > lords and the beautiful lady recorder players who joined us. The little
      > 8-9 year old boy was a charmer! But to have his Excellency Dirge (Volkmar
      > to the newer folks) join us and her Grace Acline bringing in her wonderful
      > cello! (the intro to karabuska on a cello was very interesting and fun!)
      > It was just a sparkling great time for an old, crippled up, fat rebec
      player.

      > I loved the folks who would come up, dance a few steps, and bow to us and
      > move on. It was a very organic and natural music pit.
      >
      > Pav

      I had a terrific time! Thanks for letting me slip in and out as I needed to.
      Wish I could have spent the entire day there! But it was a nice and relaxed
      gathering, and I was glad to join in when I could.

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 27, 2007
        On 2/27/07 12:35 PM, "Rowan" <rowan@...> wrote:

        > And thank you for playing from your audience too. Sitting listening to you
        > all play allowed me to actually sit and relax and not feel guilty for not
        > running off to find something else to help with or do.
        >
        > Lady Rowan Houndskeeper
        > Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
        > rowan@... <mailto:rowan%40french.toast.net>

        Ahem... Your Ladyship, don¹t you think you should update your sig line? ;)

        Congratulations!