Re: I'm new to this group

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2007
      Hi LuAnne, and welcome to the list!

      Sorry for all the music posts lately. The musicians and dancers share this
      list, because we¹re so closely related, so you¹ll see info on both topics
      here.

      I¹m not sure about the Mag Mor area, but there are some people on the list
      from eastern Kansas. I¹ll hope someone closer to you than me (in St. Louis)
      can help you out.

      But there is an upcoming event that will have a lot of dancing at it. Hope
      you can make it: http://ssmc.truman.edu/

      Welcome!
      Conna

      On 2/23/07 12:16 PM, "LuAnne" <lranderson@...> wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > I stumbled upon your group whilst searching for historic dance
      > groups. Please tell me, where are you dancing?? Many years ago I was
      > apart of the Barony of Mag Mor and participated in the music and
      > dance. However because of other activities that I was involved in I
      > had to step away for a time.
      >
      > Now that my children are gone from the household and life is settling
      > down somewhat I am wanting to start once again learning, dancing, and
      > sharing with others, my passion for historic dance.
      >
      > I hope to hear from someone soon,
      > LuAnne Anderson
      > Lincoln NE

    • LuAnne Anderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2007
        No problems there. I'm also a player of the whistle, bodhran, and (though not period)
        learning the button accordian. To me, the music (and musicians) are most critical and
        essential for the dance and I'm very interested in learning and finding resources for
        it all.

        Thank you!!
        LuAnne

        Sorry for all the music posts lately. The musicians and dancers share this list,
        because we¹re so closely related, so you¹ll see info on both topics here.

        I¹m not sure about the Mag Mor area, but there are some people on the list from
        eastern Kansas. I¹ll hope someone closer to you than me (in St. Louis) can help you
        out.

        But there is an upcoming event that will have a lot of dancing at it. Hope you can
        make it: http://ssmc.truman.edu/ <http://ssmc.truman.edu/>

        Welcome!
        Conna

        On 2/23/07 12:16 PM, "LuAnne" <lranderson@... <mailto:lranderson%40alltel.net>