Re: Chieftains

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 26, 2007
      On 2/25/07 8:35 PM, "Paul A. Byers" <mightypav@...> wrote:

      > I just want to thank everyone who came and played in the music pit with me
      > this weekend at Chieftains. I counted 9 of us! Mistress Conna, you were
      > wonderful as always. I hope to introduce a few of the new, to me, pieces
      > we played to my local music group. I was very impressed with the two young
      > lords and the beautiful lady recorder players who joined us. The little
      > 8-9 year old boy was a charmer! But to have his Excellency Dirge (Volkmar
      > to the newer folks) join us and her Grace Acline bringing in her wonderful
      > cello! (the intro to karabuska on a cello was very interesting and fun!)
      > It was just a sparkling great time for an old, crippled up, fat rebec player.
      >
      > I loved the folks who would come up, dance a few steps, and bow to us and
      > move on. It was a very organic and natural music pit.
      >
      > Pav

      I had a terrific time! Thanks for letting me slip in and out as I needed to.
      Wish I could have spent the entire day there! But it was a nice and relaxed
      gathering, and I was glad to join in when I could.

      Your Grace Acelin, thank you for bringing your cello out‹wow it sure made us
      sound so much better! ;) Pavel, it was terrific to see you back in the
      saddle, and I love it when you can convince HE Volkmar to join in the pit!
      And Lady Emelye, thank you for making the trip from NE. I know it¹s a long
      drive, but it was terrific to have you in the pit. Ailsa, thanks for keeping
      things moving when I ducked out.

      And thanks to everyone who made our new young acquisition, Roger, feel so
      welcome. His mom told me that he had a really great time, and is looking
      forward to playing with us next time. (There¹s nothing like getting my *ss
      kicked by a 10 year old to remind me that I can never practice enough...)
      :)

      Thanks, everybody!

    • Rowan
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 27, 2007
        And thank you for playing from your audience too. Sitting listening to you
        all play allowed me to actually sit and relax and not feel guilty for not
        running off to find something else to help with or do.

        Lady Rowan Houndskeeper

        "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
        dark to read." - Groucho Marx

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 27, 2007
          On 2/27/07 12:35 PM, "Rowan" <rowan@...> wrote:

          > And thank you for playing from your audience too. Sitting listening to you
          > all play allowed me to actually sit and relax and not feel guilty for not
          > running off to find something else to help with or do.
          >
          > Lady Rowan Houndskeeper
          > Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
          > rowan@... <mailto:rowan%40french.toast.net>

          Ahem... Your Ladyship, don¹t you think you should update your sig line? ;)

          Congratulations!