I'm new to this group

  • LuAnne
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23 10:16 AM
      Hello all,

      I stumbled upon your group whilst searching for historic dance
      groups. Please tell me, where are you dancing?? Many years ago I was
      apart of the Barony of Mag Mor and participated in the music and
      dance. However because of other activities that I was involved in I
      had to step away for a time.

      Now that my children are gone from the household and life is settling
      down somewhat I am wanting to start once again learning, dancing, and
      sharing with others, my passion for historic dance.

      I hope to hear from someone soon,
      LuAnne Anderson
      Lincoln NE
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26 7:15 AM
        Hi LuAnne, and welcome to the list!

        Sorry for all the music posts lately. The musicians and dancers share this
        list, because we¹re so closely related, so you¹ll see info on both topics
        here.

        I¹m not sure about the Mag Mor area, but there are some people on the list
        from eastern Kansas. I¹ll hope someone closer to you than me (in St. Louis)
        can help you out.

        But there is an upcoming event that will have a lot of dancing at it. Hope
        you can make it: http://ssmc.truman.edu/

        Welcome!
        Conna

        On 2/23/07 12:16 PM, "LuAnne" <lranderson@...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I stumbled upon your group whilst searching for historic dance
        > groups. Please tell me, where are you dancing?? Many years ago I was
        > apart of the Barony of Mag Mor and participated in the music and
        > dance. However because of other activities that I was involved in I
        > had to step away for a time.
        >
        > Now that my children are gone from the household and life is settling
        > down somewhat I am wanting to start once again learning, dancing, and
        > sharing with others, my passion for historic dance.
        >
        > I hope to hear from someone soon,
        > LuAnne Anderson
        > Lincoln NE

      • LuAnne Anderson
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 26 9:08 AM
          No problems there. I'm also a player of the whistle, bodhran, and (though not period)
          learning the button accordian. To me, the music (and musicians) are most critical and
          essential for the dance and I'm very interested in learning and finding resources for
          it all.

          Thank you!!
          LuAnne

          Sorry for all the music posts lately. The musicians and dancers share this list,
          because we¹re so closely related, so you¹ll see info on both topics here.

          I¹m not sure about the Mag Mor area, but there are some people on the list from
          eastern Kansas. I¹ll hope someone closer to you than me (in St. Louis) can help you
          out.

          But there is an upcoming event that will have a lot of dancing at it. Hope you can
          make it: http://ssmc.truman.edu/ <http://ssmc.truman.edu/>

          Welcome!
          Conna

          On 2/23/07 12:16 PM, "LuAnne" <lranderson@... <mailto:lranderson%40alltel.net>