Re: [Probable SPAM] Re: [CalontirDance] Re: [CalontirBards] What's the story on Al Cafrin - How much arranging makes a new arrangement? - Sent to wrong list

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 9, 2007
      On 2/8/07 6:56 PM, "Christian M. Cepel" <christian@...> wrote:
      > <Giant snip>
      >
      > Based on what you said above, three people have put their names to
      > Avatar's arrangements. Is that not odd, or is it common?

      I thought they all had their little tweaks and stuff. Right? And who knows
      which came first. Once upon a time, Avatar did tell me that these early
      published pieces contain a lot of musical errors (probably typesetting
      mistakes). Musicologists have all pretty much agreed on the typos, and they
      fix them in modern editions. Maybe this explains why you¹re finding three
      that are identical, but that don¹t quite match the original? They¹ve all
      ³stolen² from Arbeau and fixed the typos?

      I have to confess that this is not my field at all, and I¹m completely
      lacking in the patience to sit and compare each version against the other. I
      just wanna play them! ;) But Katriana knows all about this stuff, thank
      goodness!

      Cheers!