Lots of dancing this spring

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13 7:52 AM
      Hi all

      Dancing in the near future in Calontir.

      April 8th - RUSH (Oakheart)
      Katriana and I will be doing some intro and teaching
      some of the lilies dances.

      April 22nd - La Fete du Fin D'avril (No Mountian)

      Some type of classes and hopefully evening dancing.
      Catherine should fill us in (hint, hint)

      April 29th - Tournament at the Rivers (Three Rivers)

      http://home.postnet.com/~ellien/barony/tournament00.html

      A ball Satureday evening with live music for the first set.
      Here are the first set dances, learn and teach teach them
      if you can

      Carolingian Pavane
      Heralds in Love
      Petit Vriens
      Sellinger's Round
      Heart's Ease
      Hole in the Wall
      Gelosia
      Black Alman
      Female Sailor
      Horse's Branle

      May 27th

      Crown tournament

      Working on scheduling a ball Sat night at crown Tournament,
      the dance list will likely include many from the Lilies list.
      More info when its official.

      June 10-17 Lilies

      heres the link to the lilies ball site I promised some people.

      http://calontir.sca.org/artsci/dance/lilies-ball/lilies-ball.html

      We are sceheduled for 8, 2 hour RUSH classes for dance,

      10-12 and 1-3 Mon - Thur

      We can break some of these into 1 hour classes if we want.
      Teachers are needed! Some of these classes occur opposite battles
      and a tournament I am sponsoring so I can't be at all of them.

      First thoughts on a list of topics

      General intro to dance
      Intro to Itialian
      Intermediate Itialian
      English Country
      Pavanes and Alemands
      Bransles
      Ball review (thur PM)
      One other (any ideas?)

      Classes can be tought be more than one person, get a team together!

      July 22 Calontir Performing Arts Day Coeur d'Ennui

      At least I'm hoping there will be dance classes, and a ball
      (Tsire, can you help us with this one?)

      I don't think there has ever been that much dancing at so many events
      in a 4 month period before.