RE: [CalontirDance] Greetings

  • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2000
      Greetings Conrad and other CalontirDance folk!

      I'm sad that there isn't endless dance chatter over the list. I imagine
      people
      actually have important things to do *laugh*. I'm hoping to make it up to
      Lilies for a while, although probably only for one or both of the weekends,
      assuming that I'm in kingdom over the summer. What day is the ball? I'm not
      sure if I will be at Tournament of the Rivers or Crown (again, it all depends
      on
      work/school schedules and whether I can find anyone to drive down with!)

      Just a little plug: we'll be holding a dance practice during the day at our
      event in NoMountain on April 22nd.

      If you really think that Calontir could support a dance event, I think it
      would
      be incredible and I would love to be involved if anything happens in the next
      year (or if I stay in kingdom after graduation). Spring definately sounds
      like
      a good time to me.

      See you at Queen's Prize,
      Katherine

      >Sorry to say there isn't much chatting going on here. There seems to be
      >a slowly increasing awareness of early Italian dance. There will be several
      >done at the Lilies Ball (will you be at Lilies?). Also coming up is
      >planned dancing at the Tournament of the Rivers and Crown Tournament (that
      >I know of). I think the time is getting close when Calontir could have
      >a ball event that would stand on its own (my personal preference is sometime
      >in the spring, so as not to be too close time-wise to Crystal Ball -
      >November
      >in Shattered Crystal).
      >
      >I live in Standing Stones and currently this is the most active dance group
      >I've ever lived in. We do dance at our shire meeting once a month and
      >currently have a dance practice every other week. Of course its only
      >been going on for 2 months so far, and with only 6-10 people, but its still
      >fun.
      >
      >I'm sure I'll get to see you this weekend, Tsire would probably do bad
      >things I
      >I wasn't around for her performance, and I'm real glad she has found enough
      >dancers to do the dance!.
      >
      >Conrad Martin von Kassel
      >(yep, m

      Cathy Dean Katherine Mercer
      Grinnell College Seneschal, College of NoMountain
      deanc@... Calontir
      http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
      Knowledge is Power; Power Corrupts; Study Hard; Be Evil
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2000
        > I'm hoping to
        > make it up to
        > Lilies for a while, although probably only for one or both of
        > the weekends,
        > assuming that I'm in kingdom over the summer. What day is
        > the ball?

        The Lilies Ball is Thursday Evening, starting arounf 8:30