RE: [CalontirDance] Greetings

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2000
      > Dance is probably the reason I got involved in the SCA at all (I was
      > introduced to it as a prospective student at Grinnell almost five
      > years ago), and we here at NoMountain are all very enthusiastic about
      > it. But I didn't get really addicted until this summer which I spent
      > in the Barony of Cynnabar (in the Midrealm) which has a really active
      > community of dancers.
      >
      > I'm currently in love with 15th century Italian dance, and also
      > anything new and interesting (Burgundian, Celtic, hypothetical
      > dances, modern period choreography, whatever). And I'm leaning
      > towards wanting to learn 16th century italian too (sigh... too little
      > time!). And of course English Country (you never really get over
      > your first love).
      >
      > So I'm very excited about getting to chat with other dance folk in
      > Calontir. Where is everyone from, and how active are your groups?
      > Is there any chance of having a proper ball in Calontir? I'd love to
      > help organize something next year, but we're too far north to hold an
      > event like that, I think. Is there even enough interest in Calontir
      > to do that sort of thing? Probably a bit overambitious anyway!
      >
      > I'll be at Queen's prize next weekend (helping a friend perform her
      > dance entry) and I'd love to chat if anyone else is planning on being
      > there.

      Hello Katherine

      Sorry to say there isn't much chatting going on here. There seems to be
      a slowly increasing awareness of early Italian dance. There will be several
      done at the Lilies Ball (will you be at Lilies?). Also coming up is
      planned dancing at the Tournament of the Rivers and Crown Tournament (that
      I know of). I think the time is getting close when Calontir could have
      a ball event that would stand on its own (my personal preference is sometime
      in the spring, so as not to be too close time-wise to Crystal Ball -
      November
      in Shattered Crystal).

      I live in Standing Stones and currently this is the most active dance group
      I've ever lived in. We do dance at our shire meeting once a month and
      currently have a dance practice every other week. Of course its only
      been going on for 2 months so far, and with only 6-10 people, but its still
      fun.

      I'm sure I'll get to see you this weekend, Tsire would probably do bad
      things I
      I wasn't around for her performance, and I'm real glad she has found enough
      dancers to do the dance!.

      Conrad Martin von Kassel
      (yep, me again)
    • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2000
        Greetings Conrad and other CalontirDance folk!

        I'm sad that there isn't endless dance chatter over the list. I imagine
        people
        actually have important things to do *laugh*. I'm hoping to make it up to
        Lilies for a while, although probably only for one or both of the weekends,
        assuming that I'm in kingdom over the summer. What day is the ball? I'm not
        sure if I will be at Tournament of the Rivers or Crown (again, it all depends
        on
        work/school schedules and whether I can find anyone to drive down with!)

        Just a little plug: we'll be holding a dance practice during the day at our
        event in NoMountain on April 22nd.

        If you really think that Calontir could support a dance event, I think it
        would
        be incredible and I would love to be involved if anything happens in the next
        year (or if I stay in kingdom after graduation). Spring definately sounds
        like
        a good time to me.

        See you at Queen's Prize,
        Katherine

        >Sorry to say there isn't much chatting going on here. There seems to be
        >a slowly increasing awareness of early Italian dance. There will be several
        >done at the Lilies Ball (will you be at Lilies?). Also coming up is
        >planned dancing at the Tournament of the Rivers and Crown Tournament (that
        >I know of). I think the time is getting close when Calontir could have
        >a ball event that would stand on its own (my personal preference is sometime
        >in the spring, so as not to be too close time-wise to Crystal Ball -
        >November
        >in Shattered Crystal).
        >
        >I live in Standing Stones and currently this is the most active dance group
        >I've ever lived in. We do dance at our shire meeting once a month and
        >currently have a dance practice every other week. Of course its only
        >been going on for 2 months so far, and with only 6-10 people, but its still
        >fun.
        >
        >I'm sure I'll get to see you this weekend, Tsire would probably do bad
        >things I
        >I wasn't around for her performance, and I'm real glad she has found enough
        >dancers to do the dance!.
        >
        >Conrad Martin von Kassel
        >(yep, m

        Cathy Dean Katherine Mercer
        Grinnell College Seneschal, College of NoMountain
        deanc@... Calontir
        http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
        Knowledge is Power; Power Corrupts; Study Hard; Be Evil
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2000
          > I'm hoping to
          > make it up to
          > Lilies for a while, although probably only for one or both of
          > the weekends,
          > assuming that I'm in kingdom over the summer. What day is
          > the ball?

          The Lilies Ball is Thursday Evening, starting arounf 8:30