Bellewode Symposium

  • bellewode_dance
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29, 2006
      Here is a List of the Classes and times that they are scheduled for,
      I have it in a table format that will soon be up on the website...

      8 Am - Site Opens
      8:30 AM - Heralds Meeting sheduled until 10 AM
      9 AM
      - Preprints Class by Eostre
      - Introduction to Illumination by Ilaria
      - Non-Dancing History of Dance by Seoniad
      10 AM
      - OP's Made Easy by Pipa
      - Vocal Hearldry by Roberto
      -Running a Consulting Table (2 hour Class) by Modar
      -Celtic Knotwork by Inez
      -Advanced English Country Dance by Rowan and Cathus
      -15th Century Italian Dance by Tsire
      11 AM
      -Running a Heraldic, Scribal, and Dance Symposium by Roberto
      -Tournament Vocal Heraldry by Ermenrich
      -Let's Make Gesso! by Ilaria
      -Out of Period but Fun (dances) by Marion
      -16th Century Italian Dance by Seonaid
      12 PM - Lunch
      1 PM
      -Commenting by Einar
      -How to prepare Submission Forms by Pipa
      -Conflict Checking (2 Hours) by Inez
      -Painting Late Period Flowers by Ilaria
      -Progression Dances by Aisha
      -Dance for the Non-Dancer by Azenari
      2 PM
      -War Commentary by Ermenrich
      -Japanese Heraldry by Tadimitsu
      -Whitework Patterns by Enid
      -Dances in a Circle by Marion
      -Buffens Workshop (2 hours) by Tsire
      3 PM
      -Awards of Calontir by Alejandra
      -Heraldry for Scribes by Lyriel
      -Basic Protocal by Modar
      -Hands on Whitework Class (2 hours) by Enid
      -Inns of Court by Rowan and Cathus
      4 PM
      -Electronic Drawing by Einar
      -Scribal Roundtable by Ilaria
      -Heraldi Cants by Modar
      -Dance: An Excuse for Flirting by Azenari
      -Ball Planning Workshop by Tsire

      Ok, thats all of the classes.

      -Esa
    • Roberto Carlos Dominguez
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 19, 2007
        Hello all! Sorry I've been offlist for the past few weeks.

        Once again, the College of Bellewode is holding its Heraldic, Scribal, and Dance Symposium, and we are still looking for dance classes. If you'd like to teach a dance class, please send me an email at bellewode_dance@... and we'll add you to the class schedule.

        Our website should be up in a matter of minutes at http://ssmc.truman.edu Just follow the links on the page and you'll see what classes we have right now (which for dance is admittedly not much at the moment.) If you sent me a class and it's not on the list, please send it again; I think I found everything that was confirmed, but I could be wrong.

        Thanks, and if you have any questions, please send me an email!

        In service,

        -Aldheim of Seven Oaks, Autocrat

      • Nathanael Dollar
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2009
          Would Cascarde and Buffens be two different classes or one class
          together?
          I would be more than happy to have you teach Dance Jeopardy, but only
          if you would like to teach it.
          Thank you,
          Ewen of Bellewode

          Tsire Tuzevo wrote:

          >hey there Bellwode organizers
          >Sorry for the delay in responding but I would be willing to teach
          Cascarde (16th C. italian) and Buffens. I can be pursuaded to resurect
          Dance Jeopardy if there is interest in it. Is there anything else you
          feel you are missing?

          >Tsire

        • Matt Lagemann
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009
            Unto the Dancers of Calontir and the musicians that make us so happy:

            Dancy, Dancy! (I will assume you all answered with a Boing, Boing!). The Bellewode Symposium is now less then two months away! I know what you are saying, "Ermenrich, that is still ages from now! I have time to plan my class and get back to you later." Remember folks that the Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa/INSERT OTHER DECEMBER FESTIVITIES HERE is fast approaching. Combine that with a Crown Tournament and Queen's Prize in January, and you have a busy two months ahead of you. Please be thinking about what class you might want to teach at the symposium.

            Have you learned a new dance lately that you want to share? Teach a class! I have heard rumors of something called Heralds in Lust, and I hope someone is planning on teaching it! If you also want to see something danced at the Bellewode Ball, email your suggestions.

            If you have any questions, please contact me at mlagemann@.../<mailto:mlagemann@.../>

            In Service,
            Ermenrich

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009
              I'll be there. I'd like to teach a 2 hour Tesara class. It's a dance for 10 people with ribbons! Whee!
              I'll also happily do a Cascarde class and/or a Balli class.

              Tsire

              To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 10, 2009
                Not sure how publicly available this is (it's on facebook)

                Heralds in Lust from Crystal Ball 2009
                http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/video/?of=1925563

                The pattern can be expanded further too ...

                Conrad
              • Rowan
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 20, 2009
                  Add to your class list -
                  Ly Azenari teaching English Country for the Masses (4 or more couples)
                  HL Cathus teaching Yet More New English Country
                  HLy Rowan teaching English Country Progressions

                  We can also each teach a second class if you like - Italian, EC, GOOP,
                  beginner or whatever you want/need

                  HL Rowan Houndskeeper

                  From: Matt Lagemann <mlagemann@...>

                  To: "CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com" <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>

[...]