Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 22, 2006
      Petit Vrien? Pretty please?

      Conna

      On 3/22/06 3:05 PM, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...> wrote:

      > Hey folks - it's that time of year again. I'm about to put together tha
      > Lilies Ball dance list. Any suggestions? Favorites? Oh good god not ever
      > agains? Let me know - I want it to reflect community tastes and not just my
      > own idea of a good time.
      >
      > Also I plan to have open or scheduled evenign dancing as many nights as
      > possible - if you or a group of you and your friends want to host a night
      > please let me know very very soon.
      > Tsire
      >
      > PS = any volunteers or suggestions on who to convince to do food this year?
      >

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > * Visit your group "CalontirDance
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CalontirDance> " on the web.
      > *
      > *
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • Kat Pogatshnik
      Message 2 of 10 , May 25 7:54 AM
        Here's the ball list and I'm working on getting links to the music. I
        should have them by early next week and I will also see about getting them
        posted to the Lilies website :)

        ~Alessandra

      • Kat Pogatshnik
        Message 3 of 10 , May 25 7:58 AM
          My appologies, I forgot to actually put the ball list on the previous
          e-mail.

          Set I:
          Carolingian Pavan
          Gathering Peascods
          Amoroso
          Jenny Pluck Pears
          Horse's Bransle
          Flugente Stella
          Chestnut
          My Lady Cullen

          Set 2:
          Black Alman
          Heart's Ease
          Rosti Boli
          Maltese Bransle
          Gracca Amorosa
          LyBiens Destony
          Candida Luna
          Petit Vriens

          Set 3:
          Candlestick Bransle
          Gelosia
          New Castle
          Madam Sosilia
          Contrapasso in Due
          Confess
          Official Bransle
          Heralds in Love

          Set 4:
          Requests

        • Brenda Knox
          Message 4 of 10 , May 25 8:21 AM
            Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
            need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
            had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
            Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
            this
            Brenda

            Message 5 of 10 , May 25 11:34 AM
              Brighid, let me know if you hit any snags with trying to find tunes, and
              I'll try to help out as I'm able.

              Looking forward to Lilies!
              HRM Conna

              On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Brenda Knox <brendacknox@...> wrote:

              > Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
              > need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
              > had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
              > Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
              > this
              > Brenda
              >
              > On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Kat Pogatshnik <k.pogatshnik@...
              > >wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > My appologies, I forgot to actually put the ball list on the previous
              > > e-mail.
              > >
              > > Set I:
              > > Carolingian Pavan
              > > Gathering Peascods
              > > Amoroso
              > > Jenny Pluck Pears
              > > Horse's Bransle
              > > Flugente Stella
              > > Chestnut
              > > My Lady Cullen
              > >
              > > Set 2:
              > > Black Alman
              > > Heart's Ease
              > > Rosti Boli
              > > Maltese Bransle
              > > Gracca Amorosa
              > > LyBiens Destony
              > > Candida Luna
              > > Petit Vriens
              > >
              > > Set 3:
              > > Candlestick Bransle
              > > Gelosia
              > > New Castle
              > > Madam Sosilia
              > > Contrapasso in Due
              > > Confess
              > > Official Bransle
              > > Heralds in Love
              > >
              > > Set 4:
              > > Requests

            • Brenda Knox
              Message 6 of 10 , May 25 2:01 PM
                Why thank you, Your Majesty. Since I am not conducting this ball, I am not
                so worried about it. And, in the Shattered Crystal Ball, there are only
                two tunes I wasn't familiar with. By now, we are all getting a little more
                comfortable with more arrangements, (like the ones that are "free for use
                in the SCA!) And, I may even now have time and the right mental state to
                actually practice!
                I will let you know when I get links next week from Alessandra.
                Thanks,
                Brighid

              • Corros Murphy
                Message 7 of 10 , May 28 9:03 PM
                  Good gentiles, On Saturday June 9 there is an afternoon Ball from 2-3:30. Any musicians who can lend their talent would be greatly appreciated. The Set list is as follows:

                  Set 1
                  Carolingian Pav
                  Horses' Branle
                  Petit Vriens
                  Hearts Ease
                  Le Bens Distonys
                  Official Branle
                  Rufty Tufty

                  set 2
                  Jenny Pluck Pears
                  Gathering Peascods
                  Rosti Boli
                  Sellingers Round
                  Black Nag
                  Pease Bransle
                  Gelosia

                  This will be a teaching ball to hopefully teach some of the fun favorite dances we love so much to an entirely new group of dancers.

                  If you can lend your assistance, or if you have any questions, please contact Magdalene von Osnabrueck (maggiethemusician@...) or myself (Corros_Murphy@... or Shaun Dignan on Facebook)

                  Many Thanks,

                  Wolfram Janssen
                • Magdalene von Osnabrueck
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 30 5:43 PM
                    Greetings! Below are the links to the music for the Beginner's Ball.

                    Lilies Beginner's Ball

                    Set 1

                    Carolingian Pavan: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Arbeau/bellequ5.pdf

                    Horses' Branle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Shawm/horse.pdf

                    Petit Vriens: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/phaedria/PETIT_V.pdf

                    Hearts Ease: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_hearts_ease_phaedria.pdf

                    Ly Bens Distonys: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/scadance/LyBens.pdf

                    Official Bransle: Christian d�Hiver's version. Copies will
                    be provided

                    Rufty Tufty: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/rufty.pdf

                    set 2

                    Jenny Pluck Pears: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_jenny_plucks_pears_robert.pdf

                    Gathering Peascods: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/PEASCOD.PDF

                    Rosti Boli: Aaron Pavao's version, (John Chandler, arr.) Copies
                    will be provided.

                    Sellingers Round: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/selliger.pdf

                    Black Nag: K. Stuart and Steve Hendrick's version. Copies will be
                    provided

                    Pease Bransle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/pease_b.pdf

                    Gelosia: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/GELOSIA.PDF

                    YIS, Magdalene von Osnabrueck