Lilies Ball

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 22, 2006
      Hey folks - it's that time of year again. I'm about to put together tha
      Lilies Ball dance list. Any suggestions? Favorites? Oh good god not ever
      agains? Let me know - I want it to reflect community tastes and not just my
      own idea of a good time.

      Also I plan to have open or scheduled evenign dancing as many nights as
      possible - if you or a group of you and your friends want to host a night
      please let me know very very soon.
      Tsire

      PS = any volunteers or suggestions on who to convince to do food this year?
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 22, 2006
        Petit Vrien? Pretty please?

        Conna

        On 3/22/06 3:05 PM, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...> wrote:

        > Hey folks - it's that time of year again. I'm about to put together tha
        > Lilies Ball dance list. Any suggestions? Favorites? Oh good god not ever
        > agains? Let me know - I want it to reflect community tastes and not just my
        > own idea of a good time.
        >
        > Also I plan to have open or scheduled evenign dancing as many nights as
        > possible - if you or a group of you and your friends want to host a night
        > please let me know very very soon.
        > Tsire
        >
        > PS = any volunteers or suggestions on who to convince to do food this year?
        >

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > * Visit your group "CalontirDance
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CalontirDance> " on the web.
        > *
        > *
        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Kat Pogatshnik
        Message 3 of 10 , May 25 7:54 AM
          Here's the ball list and I'm working on getting links to the music. I
          should have them by early next week and I will also see about getting them
          posted to the Lilies website :)

          ~Alessandra

        • Kat Pogatshnik
          Message 4 of 10 , May 25 7:58 AM
            My appologies, I forgot to actually put the ball list on the previous
            e-mail.

            Set I:
            Carolingian Pavan
            Gathering Peascods
            Amoroso
            Jenny Pluck Pears
            Horse's Bransle
            Flugente Stella
            Chestnut
            My Lady Cullen

            Set 2:
            Black Alman
            Heart's Ease
            Rosti Boli
            Maltese Bransle
            Gracca Amorosa
            LyBiens Destony
            Candida Luna
            Petit Vriens

            Set 3:
            Candlestick Bransle
            Gelosia
            New Castle
            Madam Sosilia
            Contrapasso in Due
            Confess
            Official Bransle
            Heralds in Love

            Set 4:
            Requests

          • Brenda Knox
            Message 5 of 10 , May 25 8:21 AM
              Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
              need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
              had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
              Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
              this
              Brenda

              Message 6 of 10 , May 25 11:34 AM
                Brighid, let me know if you hit any snags with trying to find tunes, and
                I'll try to help out as I'm able.

                Looking forward to Lilies!
                HRM Conna

                On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Brenda Knox <brendacknox@...> wrote:

                > Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
                > need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
                > had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
                > Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
                > this
                > Brenda
                >
                > On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Kat Pogatshnik <k.pogatshnik@...
                > >wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > My appologies, I forgot to actually put the ball list on the previous
                > > e-mail.
                > >
                > > Set I:
                > > Carolingian Pavan
                > > Gathering Peascods
                > > Amoroso
                > > Jenny Pluck Pears
                > > Horse's Bransle
                > > Flugente Stella
                > > Chestnut
                > > My Lady Cullen
                > >
                > > Set 2:
                > > Black Alman
                > > Heart's Ease
                > > Rosti Boli
                > > Maltese Bransle
                > > Gracca Amorosa
                > > LyBiens Destony
                > > Candida Luna
                > > Petit Vriens
                > >
                > > Set 3:
                > > Candlestick Bransle
                > > Gelosia
                > > New Castle
                > > Madam Sosilia
                > > Contrapasso in Due
                > > Confess
                > > Official Bransle
                > > Heralds in Love
                > >
                > > Set 4:
                > > Requests

              • Brenda Knox
                Message 7 of 10 , May 25 2:01 PM
                  Why thank you, Your Majesty. Since I am not conducting this ball, I am not
                  so worried about it. And, in the Shattered Crystal Ball, there are only
                  two tunes I wasn't familiar with. By now, we are all getting a little more
                  comfortable with more arrangements, (like the ones that are "free for use
                  in the SCA!) And, I may even now have time and the right mental state to
                  actually practice!
                  I will let you know when I get links next week from Alessandra.
                  Thanks,
                  Brighid

                • Corros Murphy
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 28 9:03 PM
                    Good gentiles, On Saturday June 9 there is an afternoon Ball from 2-3:30. Any musicians who can lend their talent would be greatly appreciated. The Set list is as follows:

                    Set 1
                    Carolingian Pav
                    Horses' Branle
                    Petit Vriens
                    Hearts Ease
                    Le Bens Distonys
                    Official Branle
                    Rufty Tufty

                    set 2
                    Jenny Pluck Pears
                    Gathering Peascods
                    Rosti Boli
                    Sellingers Round
                    Black Nag
                    Pease Bransle
                    Gelosia

                    This will be a teaching ball to hopefully teach some of the fun favorite dances we love so much to an entirely new group of dancers.

                    If you can lend your assistance, or if you have any questions, please contact Magdalene von Osnabrueck (maggiethemusician@...) or myself (Corros_Murphy@... or Shaun Dignan on Facebook)

                    Many Thanks,

                    Wolfram Janssen
                  • Magdalene von Osnabrueck
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 30 5:43 PM
                      Greetings! Below are the links to the music for the Beginner's Ball.

                      Lilies Beginner's Ball

                      Set 1

                      Carolingian Pavan: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Arbeau/bellequ5.pdf

                      Horses' Branle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Shawm/horse.pdf

                      Petit Vriens: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/phaedria/PETIT_V.pdf

                      Hearts Ease: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_hearts_ease_phaedria.pdf

                      Ly Bens Distonys: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/scadance/LyBens.pdf

                      Official Bransle: Christian d�Hiver's version. Copies will
                      be provided

                      Rufty Tufty: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/rufty.pdf

                      set 2

                      Jenny Pluck Pears: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_jenny_plucks_pears_robert.pdf

                      Gathering Peascods: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/PEASCOD.PDF

                      Rosti Boli: Aaron Pavao's version, (John Chandler, arr.) Copies
                      will be provided.

                      Sellingers Round: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/selliger.pdf

                      Black Nag: K. Stuart and Steve Hendrick's version. Copies will be
                      provided

                      Pease Bransle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/pease_b.pdf

                      Gelosia: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/GELOSIA.PDF

                      YIS, Magdalene von Osnabrueck