Heraldic, Scribal, and Dance Symposium

  • Chris Lewis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6 5:03 AM
      In approximately one month the time will be upon us for the Heraldic,
      Scribal, and Dance Symposium in Bellewode (mundanely Kirksville, MO).

      The event is being held in Barnett hall this year, which is a slight change
      from last. There will be signs up. It also was in the current MEWS.

      There is a list of classes for the event this year, online. The URL is:
      http://ssmc.truman.edu/ and then there's a link for the class lists. These
      are in a rough stage, as we haven't gotten as many offers to teach this year
      as we did last. So PLEASE, if you can teach a class on the scribal arts, or
      on Heraldry, check the list - if you see something you are willing to teach
      that's not listed, email Bellewode_herald@... and offer it. We will
      try to get the listing updated as fast as we can when these come in
      (probably once a week).

      Also, if you have the ability to teach a dance class (I know some people
      were volunteering at Chieftans and just haven't sent them in yet) send an
      email to Bellewode_dance@... . We are working with our webmaster to
      get the class list broken down into the 2 segments and looking proper. Just
      send in your thoughts on classes and we'll make the best set of clases we
      can for the event.

      Lady Helena and Lady Esa are waiting to hear from you.

      Also, until March 15th, we have a special deal on rooms at a local
      historical hotel. This hotel has been under renovation and very much looks
      like a picture out of the 1920's. It's the Traveler's hotels and every room
      has a location theme. Their normal rate is 65 per night. The hotel is close
      to campus, and the event. If you think the drive is too far to daytrip and
      you want to make sure you have a comfortable bed (crash space is very
      limited) make your reservations now for our special price. Their number is
      660-665-5191.

      In service,

      Lord Roberto Carlos Dominguez

    • Chris Lewis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2007
        Greetings one and all.

        As the autocrat, Aldheim of Seven Oaks so eloquently announced at Kris
        Kinder, the College of Bellewode is one again hosting the Heraldic, Scribal,
        and Dance Symposium this year.

        The webpage for this year is still being assembled. But at the group�s
        website you will be able to find all of the information as soon as it is
        available. That website is HYPERLINK
        "http://ssmc.truman.edu/"http://ssmc.truman.edu/

        The date for this year�s Symposium is April 7th. That is the Saturday of
        Easter, but we hope you will still make the journey to the lands of the
        College to join us in sharing those subjects which make us strive for
        excellence.

        Aldheim will be checking the email accounts and building the class lists, so
        please email HYPERLINK
        "mailto:bellewode_herald@..."bellewode_herald@... for your
        Heraldic and Scribal classes, and HYPERLINK
        "mailto:bellewode_dance@..."bellewode_dance@... for your dance
        classes, so we can get them up on the website.

        I may no longer reside in Bellewode, but this event is near and dear to my
        heart, and I will be coaching Aldheim at every step for this event, and I
        hope we can see record numbers this year.

        Thanks for your support, and well wishes for this event.

        Lord Roberto Carlos Dominguez

        Herald of Cum an Iolair

        Supporting the College of Bellewode

      • Jibril ibn Najdah ibn Zayd al-`Attar
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 14, 2007
          Please also keep in mind that these classes also count towards RUSH
          credit. Since the event site for the Spring RUSH in Axed Root as
          fallen through, the Royal University is extending RUSH credit to all
          of the Symposiums taking place in April...which includes this one.

          As part of the RUSH board, I would highly encourage everyone take
          advantage of this situation and offer to teach.

          Until the next time,
          al-Sayyid Abu'l-Basir Jibril ibn Najdah ibn Zayd al-`Attar al-Dimashqui, CT, QED
          (formerly: Signore Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi)
          Regent, Royal University of Scir-Hafoc