Heraldic Scribal and Dance Symposium, Year 2

  • Chris Lewis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2006
      Are you a Herald? Do you know any Heralds? Are you a Scribe? Do
      you know any Scribes? Are you a Dance Enthusiast? Do you know any
      Dance Enthusiasts?

      If you answered yes to _any_ of these questions, the College of
      Bellewode is providing an event just for you (or someone you know).

      April 8th, with site opening at 8 am, in the College of Bellewode
      (Kirksville, MO - Truman State University Campus), we are proud to
      present the 2nd annual Heraldic, Scribal and Dance Symposium. A day
      of classes focusing on all things Heraldic, Scribal and Dance
      related. We will, once again, be hosting a Ball to end the
      festivities of the day.

      Do you teach any of these areas? Would you like to try to teach for
      the first time? Do you know someone you can goad into teaching?
      All teaching offers, or requests for specific classes, can be sent
      to Ldy Esa Southwick, or Ldy Helena Gewolf, at
      bellewode_dance@... or Bellewode_herald@...

      If you have questions, or inquiries, they can also go to the same
      email addresses.

      Yours in Service,

      Roberto Carlos Dominguez
    • Chris Lewis
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15 11:21 AM
        Are you a Herald? Do you have any desire to learn about Heraldry?
        Do you yern to use your voice for other than talking to your friends
        or entertainment value? Do you like learning - sometimes - bizarre
        and obscure rules and sharing that information with others? Do you
        like to research names, and document their times? Do you like being
        up in Court and making sure your voice is heard above all others?

        do you enjoy to do Calligraphy? Is Illumination up your alley? Do
        you enjoy studying ancient texts and Books of Hours, and sharing
        techniques on how to recreate them? Do you just want to learn how
        to do preprints in order to help the Kingdom?

        Do you want to learn what a Buffen is? Do you yearn to dance, and
        prance, and bounce, and otherwise frollic for an entire day? Do you
        have that one special dance that you would like to share with others?

        Then we have the event for you.

        This is the second year Bellewode is holding the Heraldic, Scribal,
        and Dance Symposium. The information for the event is linked to the
        group's website at http://ssmc.truman.edu

        Do you have a desire to teach anything relating to Heraldry? There
        have been a few more class additions on top of what's on the list.
        However we need more teachers. We have an entire building of
        classrooms for this event and are woefully short on teachers. We
        strive to have the website updated by early this next week with all
        current classes on it. And we plan to email the lists with the
        current class information as well.

        But we need teachers. Anyone who wants to teach anything tied to
        Heraldic activity, or Scribal Activity, or Dance Activity should
        email their offers to teach to bellwode_herald@... or
        bellewode_dance@...

        The date for the Symposium is April 8th. The place is the College
        of Bellewode - Kirksville, MO on the Truman State University
        campus. All details on the event can be found in your MEWS, or on
        the event website (again http://ssmc.truman.edu ).

        Please come teach, come dance, come learn, come play.

        In Service,
        Roberto

        This message has been brought to you by the Herald for the College
        of Bellewode.