Re: [CalontirDance] Period Music Stand

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2005
      It¹s hard to find an example because I don¹t think there are any out there.
      ;)

      In period, ³professional² music was mostly memorized. And genteel music,
      like a gathering of upper-class people entertaining themselves by singing
      madrigals after dinner, was thought of as a private affair, not performance
      per se. There are some great scenes of people gathered around tables, with
      their part books on a table that clearly had just been cleared from dinner.
      Very cool stuff!

      I saw a re-creation of this image at a Midrealm A&S competition once. It was
      really something. They brought a big oak table to sit around for their
      performance and everything.

      Conna